Beauty | My everyday make-up

I have spent so long trying to find products to create a natural look which is affordable yet high quality. I tend to buy products mostly from the high street so everything here is reasonably cheap and perfect for if you are new to make-up or looking for a natural look on a budget (each product here is under £10!). All the products below are what I use on a daily basis. I have done a mini review of each product where I have given my honest opinions and described them as best as I can. I know that many of the products here are really popular with a lot of people, but hopefully there is something here that you haven't tried and you find this useful!

MUA Undress Mee Too Eye Palette- £4, Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (Ivory) - £8.99, Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (Ivory) - £5.49, Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express -£7.99, Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder - £6.99, Topshop Blush in Morning Dew - £6, Topshop Waterproof Liner in Ebony - £5, Topshop Lips in Saint - £8. 
MUA Undress Mee Too Eye Palette
This is without a doubt the best drugstore natural make-up palette I have ever purchased! The palette consists of 12 (mostly) shimmery shades of neutral and metallic colours. Most days I use a combination of the colours naked, tranquil, exposed, reveal, wink, obsessed and corrupt - basically I put like half of the palette on my eyes! I feel that the coppery tones such as lavish would look stunning on blue or green eyes, whereas the bronze tones look nice on brown eyes. The pigmentation on every single colour in this palette are AMAZING! It feels as though it could be a high end product because of the quality of the eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are really soft in texture and are really easy to blend. Another thing that's great about this product is that there's a 'mini masterclass' on the back of  the palette full of tips and ideas - perfect for a beginner! With a really cheap price of £4, I think this is definitely worth every penny and more, if you haven't yet tried it I would highly recommend it to you!
 

Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (Ivory)
This is my favourite drugstore foundation, I love how it gives a flawless, natural finish to the skin and the shade ivory is an exact match to my skin. I would say that it gives a light to medium coverage and is best applied with a Real Techniques stippling brush (I love these brushes!) to give an even, flawless base. What I love the most about this product is that it smells really fresh, gives a radiant glow to the skin (but not too much) and it has SPF 15 which is always important to have in a foundation, particularly in summer! I don't feel the need to add a primer or add powder as I find that the foundation  lasts around 9 hours before it starts to fade. However, as the foundation contains illuminating pearls it does look a little bit glittery in the sun, this isn't a problem for me as I love glitter! But for some people this may not be ideal. Also, there are only six shades available in the range which only cover fair to beige skin tones therefore this product may not be good if you have a darker complexion.

Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (Ivory)
This concealer claims to be full coverage, instantly reawakening and illuminating under the eyes and completely concealing any blemishes. I find this concealer good for under the eyes as it does get rid of any dark circles and makes you look more awake. However, I don't really like this product for concealing any blemishes as I find that it doesn't really cover them and it wears off within a couple of hours from applying it. I will definitely be looking out for a better alternative (I have heard that Collection do a good concealer at a bargain price of £4.19!)

Maybelline the Falsies Volume Express
I really like this mascara as it lengthens and curls my lashes without any unsightly clumps. This mascara only comes in one shade of black so gives the impression that you're wearing false eyelashes; the formula makes your lasher look fuller and more voluminous. To achieve this look I generally apply two coats of mascara.

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder
The smell alone for this product immediately awards itself five stars from me! I would describe the smell as sweet and vanillary with a hint of chocolate- delicious! There are two shades available, light and dark, and I use the light one. The packing of this bronzing powder is adorable, the actual powder is shaped to look like pieces of chocolate. Infused with flecks of gold this bronzer gives a natural, healthy sunkissed glow. I like to apply this bronzer with a blusher brush and then blend it out with a Real Techniques stippling brush (it's so easy to blend as the bronzer is so soft). This bronzing powder is perfect if you want to add a flush of colour to your face, I'll be using this all summer as British summer seems to be fading away already!

Topshop Blush in Morning Dew
All Topshop packaging is adorable- this blusher has a cute polka dot design and is the perfect size to put in your handbag. It is especially ideal because of the compact mirror inside! The colour of this blusher may seem a little bright but once blended into your cheeks it gives a soft rosy shade with a subtle highlight. Soft in texture, this cream blush is easy to blend and is best applied with your fingers and blended out with a Real Techniques stippling brush. I love the glow it gives on my cheekbones and I never have to touch it up in the day as it stays on for well over twelve hours!

Topshop Waterproof Liner in Ebony
I find that this eyeliner is really easy, soft and gentle to apply. This particular colour, ebony, is a really rich black colour which is great for a smokey eye as it is very easy to blend. This eyeliner does not smudge and I very rarely have to touch it up in the day.

Topshop Lips in Saint
I love this colour as it's like a nude/pale pink which is a perfect finish to a natural look. This lipstick is quite moisturising and is really smooth to apply. It leaves a matte finish to the lips and looks great left this way, as well as with a lipgloss if you want a more glossy finish.
Natural, everyday make-up.
What's the one make-up product that you could not live without? Are there any make-up brands which you love and would recommend? I would love to here your suggestions as I love experimenting with make-up even though I spend far too much money with this obsession!

42 comments

  1. I think a great foundation alternative, especially during the summertime, is the Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream. Although it is a bit on the pricey side, it's totally worth it, in my opinion!

    http://melissapcooper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to try that out :) xx

      Delete
  2. i cant be without my bobbi brown corrector!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that, maybe I should! xx

      Delete
  3. Your makeup looks great, I need to get myself some more Rimmel foundation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) You should, it's really good and cheap to! xx

      Delete
  4. I love this! I use Wake Me Up foundation and that Bourjois Bronzer too, they're excellent. When I can afford to splash out I use Estee Lauder Double Wear, it's a dream for my nightmare skin! Have you ever though on doing a skincare routine post? Your skin looks so healthy! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanks for the idea too, I may do that this weekend :) But my skincare routine isn't that extensive, I find that the less products I use, the better my skin is! xx

      Delete
  5. Will have to try the Falsies mascara mine is on the brink of death and I should really buy a new one! I have Rimmel foundation too though and I love it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should :) The falsies mascara lasts for ages!! xx

      Delete
  6. Mac is my favourite makeup brand!
    Congratulations! You have won my giveaway!
    www.framecake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried MAC but am getting some of their products for my birthday :) Thank you sooo much, I can't wait for it to arrive :D I've just emailed you :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. I need that MUA palette. You obviously love your Topshop products! They used to do these amazing cream eyeshadows, and they brought them back with 4 in a little palette. Bought it yesterday, SOOO lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes I do!! I've only recently got into their products and I love them :) The cream eyeshadow palette sounds lovely, I'll have to buy it next time I go shopping :)! xx

      Delete
  8. I also use the Rimmel foundation and concealer on a daily basis and love them!
    I love the make up look you've created. I'm also a big fan of the Bourjois bronzer you used and Bourjois products in general.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love Bourjois products too! xx

      Delete
  9. I've been debating the Wake Me Up foundation for ages. I've read so many reviews and didn't know that it has a slight shimmer to it so thank you for pointing that out before I buy it. It's definitely something to think about. Also, I can guarantee that if I had seen the Wake Me Up concealer in store next to the foundation I would've bought it. I'm so glad I've read this review before I part with my money!

    Heather xx

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you found this useful! :) The foundation only looks ever so slightly glittery in bright light/ the sun. I've just bought the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer today, so I'm hoping that will be better as I've read many positive things about it!

      xx

      Delete
  10. I use the same foundation, eye palette and blush! Though I think my blush is 'Neon Rose' -- and I was using the same concealer before I changed haha. Keen to try the Topshop eyeliner though! xo


    Holly | http://touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The topshop eyeliner is good! I've only tried the black one though, but it stays on pretty much all day :) xx

      Delete
  11. Hi there :),
    I heard about the wake me up foundation on zoellas blog too. It has to be good though :)
    Your dress is so cute!!! I love polka dots ♥
    Have a nice day xxx
    Abby
    http://one-dollar-milkshake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, you should try it! :) And aww thank you! It's from primark and cost less than £10 :) Hope you have a nice day too :) xx

      Delete
  12. Hey, great blog! Love this foundation so much!

    check out http://brunettetrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Thanks :)! It's definitely my favourite high street foundation! xx

      Delete
  14. I have that bronzer too and love it! That eyeshadow is amazing price, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it :)The quality is amazing too! xx

      Delete
  15. I only just discovered your blog and it is amazing! You clearly put so much effort into writing these posts! Now I have to try out the MAU eye shadow, I can't believe I have never tried it before! For the concealer I would say that the Rimmel Match Perfection is a lot better than the Wake me up concealer. Although I still only use it under my eyes and to highlight not on spots. I definitely need to invest in more Topshop products I only have lipstick and nail polish from them but I have heard such great things about there other products!

    Hope you are having a happy Monday!

    xxx

    rachellouisehenderson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that has made my day :)! You will definitely have to try it :) The MUA Pro Palette Undressed is also good (very similar to Undress Mee Too)so you could try that one as well to see which you prefer! :)I've never tried the Rimmel Match Perfection range, but will definitely have a look for it, thanks for the recommendation :) My favourite thing from Topshop makeup is definitely the eyeliner- stays on all day!
      Hope you have a lovely day too :) xx

      Delete
  16. loving the topshop lipstick!
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'?
    let me know :)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)! And I already follow you :) xx

      Delete
  17. Lovely blog! I use almost everyday the maybelline mascara it's really good!!!

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)! I use it everyday too :) xx

      Delete
  18. they look great, i have a few of those products and i am considering buying some more! you are so pretty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're so pretty!!

    I really want to try that Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation!

    And yayyyy....I love the Falsies mascara. Such a good every-day cheap mascara that makes such a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! You should try it, it's my favourite drug store foundation! xx

      Delete
  20. Your make-up looks lovely! I have the MUA palette too and I adore it, the colours are so pigmented. Being a student too I love the price! I also have the Undressed palette if you haven't already tried it I definitely recommend it, the shades are more pinky toned but still neutral enough for everyday wear :)

    Clare xxx
    http://clarebobeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! I bought that palette last week but haven't used it much yet, but it seems nice so far! xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig