Beauty | My skincare routine

I don't really use many skincare products daily as I find that the less products I use, the better my skin is (and to be quite honest my lack of skincare routine is down to being lazy haha!) I thought I'd write and share mini reviews on each of the products which I tend to use on a daily basis in the hope that it will help someone in some way. Hopefully you will find this useful and maybe are inclined to try some of these things if you haven't already done so!


Ponds Hydro Nourishing Cream

I find that this moisturiser makes my skin feel lovely, soft and smooth (I have normal/dry skin). It is extremely lightweight so feels comfortable on the skin- perfect for putting on in the morning underneath your makeup as well as using it as a nourishing face cream at night. The smell of this product is very light and fresh with a hint of primrose. I have had this mosituriser for around 3 months now and as you can see it is lasting me a long time, I will definitely repurchase this when I eventually run out!



Simple Baby Wipes

I'm not sure if these are really made for taking makeup off, but these baby wipes are actually amazing! I find that many makeup wipes are often dry and sometimes scratchy on the skin, however, these wipes are so moisturisng, soft and take every scrap of my makeup off! These wipes are also good if you have sensitive skin as they have no irritable perfumes or colourings. They also contain moisturiser and provitamin B5 which makes your skin feel so soft and fresh. I will continue to purchase this product as it is great value for money (a pack of 80 wipes for £1 from poundland!) as they take all of my makeup off and I feel that they benefit my skin in some way.



Lush Mask of Magnaminty

I had never tried Lush face masks until fairly recently and WOW... amazing! I'm not usually too keen on mud masks as I often find them to be really messy and prefer masks which you can peel off, but this has definitely changed my mind. I have actually noticed a massive difference in my skin since using this, my skin seems to be so clear. I don't know if it's this product, or magic! I'd definitely recommend this to anyone that has problems with there skin or who wants a really refreshing face mask with multiple skin benefits. First of all, this mask smells amazing, so fresh and minty. Once applied, it feels cooling and a bit tingly and I usually leave it on for around 5 minutes before taking it off with a warm flannel. After doing this, my skin feels so smooth, clean and looks really healthy. I am definitely going to keep on repurchasing this and try out the many other face masks which they have. Which Lush masks are your favourite?



Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil

I bought this in the hope that it would get rid of or reduce stretchmarks on my thighs and scars on my face. Skin therapy oil by Parmers is supposed to reduce the appearance of scars and stretchmarks as well as repair dry, damaged and ageing skin. After using it on and off for several months, I have noticed that my stretchmarks appear lighter so I will continue to use it (maybe if I use it more often there will be more of a difference!) When applying this product it does feel greasy at first, however it soaks nicely into the skin leaving it feeling soft and smelling of delicious chocolate! That's the best thing about this product- I love any lotions, potions and makeup that smell of chocolate! I probably won't repurchase this product as I want to try and test different products which reduce both stretchmarks and scars



Superdrug Deep Action Nose Strips

For only £2, these nose strips are amazing and super easy to use! All you have to do is wet your nose and across your cheeks with a damp flannel, peel the plastic from the back of the nose strip and place the material strip (shiny side down) across your nose. I leave this on for around 12 minutes until it feels stiff and once it has set, I carefully and slowly peel the it off. The feeling of this is somewhat satisfying! The nose strip collects any dirt, old makeup, removes blackheads and leaves your skin feeling really smooth and clean. I have ran out of these at the moment (hence no picture) but I tend to use one every couple of weeks, the packaging advises that you shouldn't use them more than twice/three times a week.



What skincare products do you use?  Have you tried any of these products? What's your favourite skincare brand? I would love to know what products you're loving at the moment and any recommendations you have would be great!

30 comments

  1. I completely agree with the palmers cocoa butter, so beautiful and feels incredible on my skin!
    Lush is also a very good brand for beautiful smelling skin fancies! have you tried the lip scrub, goooorgeous!!
    I'll be doing a review on it shortly
    Ive followed you and i look forward to seeing more posts! :-)

    http://whatjenniferdidnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing too! And no I haven't tried them, but I must now :)! Thanks for following, I'll follow you back :) I'll keep my eye out for that review too! xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post! So much detail about all of the produces I am so impressed. For moisturiser I use Nivea Soft and swear by it. My skin is so so dry without it. It also has no sent which I quite like because I am not a big fan of really over powering smells. It is not greasy at all and skins into the skin really well and then no dry skin for the rest of the day! And the best part is it is only £2 in Superdrug.

    I may have to try these wipes as I have never found a make-up wipe that I have actually liked, due to my skin being horribly dry the wipes usually make it worse. However, I am going to have to try this out and see what it is like.

    I have never actually bought anything from lush as the shop it's self always put me off. I was never sure is the products where actually worth the money as some of them are a little pricey. I never knew where to start with lush but I think trying out the product that you recommended may be a good start.

    Hope you are having a lovely afternoon xxx

    http://www.rachellouisehenderson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ps sorry this is such a long comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nivea too! I actually have a little tube of it which I use to moisturise my hands :) If you do try the wipes you'll have to tell me what you think :)! They are made for babies I think which is why they are so moisturising and have no irritable chemicals in. The mint mask is a bit pricey at £8.75, I got mine as a gift but it seems to be half the size as the one on the website so hopefully there's a smaller/cheaper one in the shop that you can try :)
      Thanks for the comment and recommendations! xx

      Delete
  3. I don't use much! wow you're stunning!

    Loving your blog! following you trough bloglovin..

    Love, The mind of an exchange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! I'll go and follow you now :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hello! Your skin is beautiful! Definitely wanna try some of these products out.
    Loving your blog, i've nominated you for the liebster award, if you're interested in participating just check out my blog!
    Jess xo
    jessicacottonxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! And I'll check it out now and follow your blog too :) xx

      Delete
  5. High-five for low use of skin care products and/or laziness!

    I'm rubbish. As much as I love reading up about what's best to use for my skin, and what's the best make-up and everything... I'm just super lazy and can't bring myself to use them all daily.

    However! I do use Simple Kind-to-Skin Hydrating Moisturiser and Facial Cleanser. I sometimes use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. And for my hands, when they get all dry-skinned from all that bloomin' typing I do (Can you tell? haha), I use Nivea Express Hydration Hand Lotion!

    Lovely blog ^_^ <3

    Love,

    Chlo | www.chloodonnell.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It just takes up too much time doesn't it! I love Simple products, have never tried Clinique though.. maybe Ill have to try the moisturising lotion :)!
      And thank you, I'll check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  6. This post is great, I currently use Palmer's Cocoa Butter moisturiser to get rid of scars and stretch marks and it does work, you just have to be patient, unfortunately there is no instant way to get rid of them! I've heard bio oil is good too but it's quite pricey xo
    ~ daintydelight.blogspot.co.uk ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I need to have more patience! I have tried bio oil, but to be honest I think Palmer's Cocoa Butter is better :)! xx

      Delete
  7. You are gorgeous!!

    I still haven't tried anything from LUSH...but it's good to know that their face masks are amazing. And a MUD mask...how fun!! It's so nice to hear that you saw such a big difference. At least it's worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you- you are too :)! You should get one the next time you pass by Lush, they are fun (just a bit messy though)! xx

      Delete
  8. Aaaah i'm jealous of your beautiful skin! So lucky that it's pretty low maintenance. I've never thought to use baby wipes either! Might give it a try. And I reaaaally wanna try Lush too, it's somewhere I've never shopped! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thank you :)! Definitely worth a try, especially the ones I mentioned as they have moisturiser in them! You should definitely try Lush too, I've only recently gotten into their products but they are amazing! :) xx

      Delete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you on bloglovin! I love the simple wipes - They have a great moisturizer too!

    detoxanddisarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive never seen the simple baby wipes but i like the regular ones:)

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the regular ones too :) Maybe they only sell the simple baby wipes in the uk, I'm not sure xx

      Delete
    2. Coconut oil is really good for the skin too and great for people with dry skin! It is also great on hair!

      www.britishbeautyaddict.com

      Delete
    3. I will have to try that out, especially on my hair! Thanks for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete
  11. I've used The Mask of Magnaminty before, loved it! Glad you did too. I loved the cooling feeling on my skin. A great treat on a night in with your favourite show.

    erinbulger.blogpsot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else loves it too as much as I did! And definitely :) xx

      Delete
  12. Thank you for that detailed post :) these products seem to be amazing! Absolutely have to try some of these! :)Never used cocoa butter actually :D
    Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! If you love chocolate, then you definitely should try some cocoa butter products! :) xx

      Delete
  13. Your skin looks amazing so it just goes to show that the basics are the winners!
    My blog – Cosmetics, clothes and cute things (:
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! And yes they definitely are! xx

      Delete
  14. The lush mask sound fab and perfect for my skin type! I fecently tried the cupcake one and that was amazing!

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I've not tried the cupcake one, I'll have to get it the next time I go :)! xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig