Little adventures | Windermere, Lake District

Today I decided to go to the Lake District for the day as I haven't been in a long while. I used to always come here as a child on little trips and holidays, so it was good to reminisce my childhood :). I assumed that the weather was going to be really nice today, but I was wrong! After a short train journey, me and my friend arrived at Windermere and got on the bus to Bowness-on-Windermere  (where all the boats are). It was dinner time when we arrived so we had to have a little something to eat before we got on the boat.

We chose to go on the shortest boat trip, which was 45 minutes long, to enable us to have a mooch around the gift shops later. I believe that the blue cruise that we went on was reasonably priced and definitely worth the money (£7.40 for an adult ticket, £3.70 for children) - the cruise consisted of a circular tour around the lake with a lovely, picturesque view of the little islands, mountains, rowing boats and wooded shorelines. Despite the freezing cold weather on the lake, the ride was very peaceful and tranquil and is a perfect way to clear your mind. The tour also includes a running commentary whereby we got told how deep the lake was (very deep!) and told us about a very cute story about the lilies of the valley islands (I won't tell you as I don't want to spoil anything!).  

After a lovely cruise on the lake and walk around the area, we headed back to Windermere town centre. There wasn't so many shops, we didn't have much time left and we were rather hungry (again) so we decided to look for somewhere to go. We came across a really cute, small cafe named Cafe Italia which was  beautifully decorated and had incredibly friendly staff (all with beautiful Italian accents). I opted for the delicious chocolate fudge gateau with vanilla ice-cream and it was just divine! The presentation was lovely, although it was a little pricey at just over £5, I think it was definitely worth it. Unfortunately the photo I took of the cake is extremely blurry as I obviously hurried to take the photo as I wanted to eat it! Below are a few photos I took of the lake, which is your favourite photo?




I love visiting new places and going on trips out; me and my best friend have decided that we will do this more often- get on the train to a random place and spend the day there exploring! Where is your favourite place to go?

20 comments

  1. These photos are so lovely! I just came across your blog, but I quite like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) glad you like it :)

      Delete
  2. your blog is very lovely! :) love the photos, they are somehow inspiring :)
    Maybe we can follow each other? I would love to!
    Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thank you :) Of course, I will look and follow your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. follow you now, too :)
      thx for visiting my blog <3

      Delete
  4. The Lake District is so nice, I love Windermere, not been on one of those cruises for agessss, always see them though haha! xo

    Holly | http://touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go soon :) It is nice, but I'd recommend going on a hot day as the lake is always freeeezing!! xx

      Delete
  5. I love this place! been there a couple of times, so peaceful and a lovely place to get away to!

    beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! The cruises are so relaxing too :) xx

      Delete
  6. pretty pictures, looks like a cute town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great blog! And I just love your photography. I've been trying to convince my parents to buy me camera or my birthday, because iPhone pictures certainly don't look this good.

    Following you!

    http://ring-a-roundarosey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! I just use my camera phone (Samsung galaxy) and have edited them on pixlr :) xx

      Delete
  8. Great pictures! great name, Im a Lauren too,haha im so childish. Lovely post!
    http://thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! :) I will check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. it is such a nice place :)! xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig