Memories | Back to the 90s

A few weeks ago, I went to a nineties themed 21st birthday party. Memories came flooding back as we chatted about our younger days; how much we loved watching the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Rugrats and Toy Story, swapping Pokemon cards, wearing dungarees thinking we looked cool and playing with tamagotchis (buying and burying many as they were difficult to keep alive- no one could feed them whilst we were at school!). Reliving my childhood through this party, I decided to look through some photos from my younger days to see what else I could remember. I love looking through old photos as they bring back so many happy memories. It's always funny to see the outfits I used to wear- definitely not something I'd wear now! Looking through these photos always puts a smile on my face, remembering the story from behind each photo. 

1993 baby!

Me and my big brother.

I used to love having my photograph taken and would always do the biggest, cheekiest grin.

I love this photo! The expressions on our faces are so funny, I think I was making motorbike noises by the looks of it! I used to love riding around the garden on this toy motorbike and playing games outside with my brother.
This photo always makes me laugh - I used to always wink whilst having my photograph taken, I have no idea why!


I used to love playing with dolls and had many, I think I had every doll.. baby Annabelle, baby born, cabbage patch dolls and various others I cannot remember. I remember my best friend always coming to my house to play with dolls, having little tea parties in the garden and taking them for walks down our street in their prams!
I love this outfit, it's so cute - pink has always been my favourite colour!


Me and my little sister. Growing up, me and my sister were really close and would do everything together. We especially loved dancing in front of the TV to Britney Spears, Spice girls, Hearsay, barbie girl and blue (da ba dee) - I love 90s music haha! 

For the nineties/ favourite childhood character theme, I decided to dress as a troll doll. I wore a big, bright pink wig with a polka dot denim dress and handmade bracelets which I super glued mini troll dolls to. When I was little I used to collect so many of these little troll dolls, me and my sister would give them crazy hairstyles! A variety of characters came to the party, including bananas in pyjamas, Super Mario, smurfs, Woody from toy story and even Where's Wally. The party consisted of classic nineties music, 90s food and childish games (including twister and a buzz light-year pinata). 

I loved going to this party and reliving the nineties! What are your favourite things from the nineties? Why not get out the old photo albums and have a look through, it will surely put a smile on your face as you reminisce back to your younger days!

24 comments

  1. omg we both are the same age and I absolutely know what you're talking about :)also had troll dolls and watched rugrats all day :D :D
    so nice reading about it, brings back my memory, too :)
    Lana xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) They had the best toys then, like furbys haha! Rugrats was probably my favourite programme, along with the teletubbies :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I had a furby - made me go nuts :D
      I loved rugrats, think I had every single episode on tape :D teletubbies actually scared me a bit - but totally loved that noo-noo :D:D
      By the way I think this is the coolest motto for a party ever! :D

      Delete
    2. I think so too! I love going to fancy dress party's!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Super adorable! We were born in the same year :) Love the green chequered hat haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was the best year to be born haha :) xx

      Delete
  4. I'm about as old as you and I can recognize pretty much all of the things you've mentioned as well as the dressed up characters. I used to love watching Cartoon Networks, and especially when they showed Power Puff girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love that show too! :) My favourite was the one in the pink dress haha! xx

      Delete
  5. Oh my god

    That's so cute photos

    Y


    ReplyDelete
  6. this is too adorable!
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC?
    let me know! :-)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)Of course, I'll do it now :) xx

      Delete
  7. Fab post! The comment about the tamigotchis made me laugh, I used to hate coming home from school to find my dead! or with a screen full of poops you had to clear up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hated that too haha! xx

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of 90s themed parties!
    The photo of you in the hat is so cute!!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are so much fun! and thank you :D xx

      Delete
  9. D'aww what a cute baby! This post was a walk down memory lane for me too, so many classic games and shows. May I just say... LOVE your outfit for the party. Super cute!!!

    erinbulger.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :)! I loved the 90's haha!! xx

      Delete
  10. That is such a clever theme!! I wish I went to that party!!

    I love seeing people's baby photos....they are always hilarious. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun, fancy dress is always good! And aw thanks :)! xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig