Little adventures | The World of Beatrix Potter

I've been looking forward to writing this blog post all week! Last Monday, I went to Windermere in the Lake district for a day out with my best friend. It took around an hour and a half to get there by train and once we arrived it was already time for some lunch. We decided to go straight to Cafe Italia - I think this is the best little cafe I have been to as the staff are really friendly, the service is great and the food is to die for. I chose to have a cheese and ham panini which was served with fresh salad and crisps and it tasted sooo good. My favourite part about lunch was definitely the cocktails. I had a strawberry daiquiri and I'm not over exaggerating when I say this.. but it was the BEST cocktail I have ever tasted! It just tasted so fresh and summery like it contained hundreds of freshly picked strawberries, I am definitely going to be trying more of their cocktails when I next visit Windermere!



After our lovely lunch, we made our way to The World of Beatrix Potter. I loved Beatrix Potter as a child (and still do) so going here brought back many childhood memories- it's such a cute little place to go if you are ever visiting the Lake District- you actually feel as if you are in Peter Rabbit's little magical world. On arrival, we were brought to a room were we watched a small introductory film about Beatrix Potter and how she formed the likes of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny whom we all love today. After that, we explored what The World of Beatrix Potter had to offer. The attraction is split into different areas (I think in chronological order of tales, not sure); Jemima Puddle-duck's woodland glade and Mr Tod's underground home, The Peter Rabbit Garden, Mrs Tiggy-winkle's Kitchen, Mr. Jeremy Fisher on his lily-pad boat, The Virtual Walk and Mr McGregor's Greenhouse and The Tale of Peter Rabbit. Each exhibition features 3D scenes from Beatrix Potter's stories and interactive books so you can read through the different tales as you go along, my favourite part was the Peter Rabbit garden- it's so cute! After taking many photographs of everything, we decided to have a bite to eat at the Beatrix Potter tea room. We both decided to have a little cupcake, however, next time we go we are going to try the 'afternoon tea for two'- the afternoon tea looks lovely with the little cute sandwiches, freshly baked scones with jam and cream and a selection of cakes with tea or coffee. After our little break, we ended our trip with a visit to The Beatrix Potter Shop. There was a wide selection of books, cuddly toys, stationary and kitchenware and I loved everything, I could not go home without purchasing a few items.

The shop is adorable so I had to buy a few things (I wanted everything)! I bought a tea
towel
which has all the  Beatrix Potter characters on and two mug coasters for my kitchen.
The lovely view of Lake Windermere on a sunny day.

Before heading back home, we spotted a cute field which you were allowed to pick your own strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and other various things from. I love doing things like this so we had to do it! We decided initially to pick strawberries, however there were not really many there (I think some greedy person took them all), so we decided to pick the raspberries instead. This was so much fun and didn't cost much at all, I think it just cost us £1.50 for our raspberries. We had to be quick harvesting them as we didn't want to miss our train home so didn't manage to fill our little basket! The raspberries were delicious- I don't know why, but things seem to taste better if you pick/grow them yourself! I love days like this, exploring new places and being in the countryside-where's your favourite place to go in summer? 

25 comments

  1. Hiya,

    absolutely love your blog so so much! followed you on bloglovin',would appreciate it so much if you checked out my blog&possibly followed me on bloglovin'? Can't wait to read your posts in the future!:)

    Caitlin♥♥

    http://caitinaaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll follow your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  2. so so beautiful and fun! :) what an amazing day!
    http://jasminebloombeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Windermere is a beautiful place to go! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love picking strawberries! Sounds like a cute day!
    Chloe Xx
    www.everyones-perfect.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, this looks like so much fun, the pictures are beautiful! I don't think we have a place like this here in Belgium where you can pick your own strawberries or raspberries, unfortunately. I would love to do it one time. Although I think I would be one of those greedy persons, haha :)

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :)! Maybe you can do it the next time you visit England? There's loads of places to pick your own fruits and it is so much fun :) xx

      Delete
  5. This post is so nostalgic! and you're totally right, growing up doesn't get rid of our love for Beatrix ♥

    By the way I'm running a give away, if you're interested? ♥ http://stopmotionwords.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/international-giveaway-to-celebrate-200.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beatrix Potter was amazing! I'll check out the giveaway now :) xx

      Delete
  6. Windamere is one of my all time favourite places. The food and cocktails look scrummy! :)

    MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favourite places too, I love the Lake District. Next time you visit you should definitely go to Cafe Italia, everything is delicious :)! xx

      Delete
  7. looks like such a fun trip! my favorite place in the summer is the lake in my hometown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day :) Aw, it's nice that your favourite place is your hometown! xx

      Delete
  8. I loved reading the Beatrix Potter books when I was little, I never knew that Beatrix Potter World even existed. Definitely need to make a trip there one day. :)

    -Natasha
    www.hernameistashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) You definitely should visit, I think you'll love it :) xx

      Delete
  9. I love picking berries, when I was younger we had wild blackberries that use to grow in our backyard every summer/spring <3

    xoxo -B ♡ http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww it's so fun isn't it, I used to pick berries when I was little too! xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Yes, it was lovely, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  11. Great blog & lovely pictures :) xx

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love the Beatrix Potter books, my favourites were Tom Kitten, Jemima Puddleduck and anything involving the rabbits!

    You're blog is so nice and I love your style! Thank you for following me :)

    Megan xx
    http://meganroisinn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm sure I read them all! Aww thank you! And you are very welcome :) xx

      Delete
  13. Gorgeous post and pictures! I used to have a Beatrix Potter border in my room, I looooved it! :) Thanks for sending over your link after the #bbloggers chat tonight xxx

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig