Vintage themed haul

Over the past few weeks, I have been buying accessories for my room for when I go back to university in September. I decided to go for a vintage/ country cottage theme as I love vintage floral prints and it's so girly and the colours are lovely. I love cute little accessories so I think I may have got a bit carried away... and I still would like to buy more! 

Butterflies, bunting, follow your dreams sign and floral suitcases all from Sass & Belle. Bedding  from Chic at Home,
jewellery holder and 'save water drink champagne' tea towel from B&M bargains, flowers from Gee Tee's, vintage
 teacup from a carboot sale and satchel from asos.

 I love this satchel bag from asos, and for under £20 (£22 minus the 10% student discount) I think this is quite a good price! This is now my new everyday bag, I love it. The scallop trim makes the satchel look more cute and girly and it has a vintage feel to it. The buckles at the front are actually magnetic which is great and the strap is adjustable. This bag has plenty of room inside for your makeup, phone and various other 'necessary' bits and bobs. I think this bag looks lovely teamed with a cute summer dress and a massive pair of sunglasses!


 This lovely teacup and saucer set is what my gran got for me from a carboot sale. It's an antique so fits perfectly to my theme! I however, won't be using this to drink tea out of... but as a decoration. I'm going to cut off one of the flowers (from the bunch of flowers above) and place it inside the teacup to create a cute little piece for my room. I love the design on the teacup, I think it's so cute. Maybe I'll buy more and have a little teacup collection!


 I LOVE these little butterflies and for as little as £0.95 each they are such a bargain! There are loads of cute patterned designs to choose from and each butterfly has a clip on the back so you can clip them to anything around your house- on plants, bunting and around your bed. I'm going to be placing these cute butterflies on curtains to make them look a bit more exciting (we're not allowed to put our own curtains up in halls)  and I may even put one on my notice board.



 I got this lovely heart shaped British bunting for FREE! Sass and Belle had a wonderful offer on to celebrate the Royal baby, and everyone who spent £20+ received free bunting. I love the prints on this and think it will look great in my new room. Sadly, this offer has ended however, you can buy similar ones to this here.



This has to be my favourite buy so far! These vintage floral suitcases come in a set of 3 for £19.95. I think they are great for extra storage and also look incredibly cute, the patterns are gorgeous! I think I'm going to use these for storing hair accessories (I need a box just for my never ending flower hair accessory collection!) and jewellery. I think these storage suitcases will look cute placed on my desk.

I can't wait to go back in September and decorate my new room! I'm going to be living in halls again and I'll be sharing a flat with two friends and a few other people who I haven't met yet. I'll definitely be putting a post up once my room is complete, hopefully it will look nice! If you love girly accessories like me, then have a little look around their website sassandbelle.co.uk, I wish I could buy everything from there!

41 comments

  1. I love everything you've bought! Its right up my street. You're uni room is gonna look so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thank you :)! I love cute little things :)xx

      Delete
  2. I love those trunks, they're such a good idea! That bag is is also really pretty and a great price too!

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I love them! I can now get rid of my horrible boxes and replace them with these :) xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE all of this!!! it's all so cute!! :)

    alex

    xxx

    justmylittlelifeandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those floral suitcases are the nicest thing I've ever seen! I must have them! I love everything on this post girly, I'm a fan of vintage floraly things too:)

    I'm also doing a Psychology degree too hon, just not a joint honours. Are you going back to start your second year in September? Cause I am too. I'll be posting some things about it on my blog soon, so keep an eye out!:)

    Be Pulchritudinous. | UK Beauty and Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are really cute :) Yes, I'll be starting my second year in September, first year went so fast! I much prefer the Psychology side of my degree, I wish I'd just studied that! I'll definitely keep an eye out, can't wait to read your post about it :) xx

      Delete
  5. I lovee the suitcases(the floral pattern looks really nice) and the butterflies , can't wait to see how your new room will look !!!
    I also visit sass and belle website and they have amazing stuffs !!! :)

    http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.gr/

    Natassa,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely take lots of pictures and write a blog about it when I'm done :)! I agree, everything on the website is so pretty :) xx

      Delete
  6. WOW what a haul!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee everything you got, especially that beaut of a bag! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it's definitely my new favourite bag now! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I love absolutely everything in this post, it's all so pretty! Your new satchel is adorable, I feel an ASOS order coming on soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) There are so many nice bags at ASOS at the moment :)! xx

      Delete
  8. Every single thing you bought is gorgeous!! I am in love with this post and your blog. I am honestly going to have a look on asos right now!! I have followed you, maybe follow back if you want :)?

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thank you :)! I'll check out your blog and follow you now :) xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Lauren, really love the things you bought. I especially like your satchel and the vintage floral suitcases (the patterns are absolutely gorgeous!).
    You have such a lovely blog too and you seem like a very sweet girl! I think you found yourself a new follower!

    Love,
    Sofie
    Feel free to check out my blog, just recently started one. I would really appreciate that.
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! :) I will check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  10. I love your picks! Especially the satchel, it's really nice
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I picked the same theme for my room this year! It makes it feel so much more homely!! Hope you're enjoying Uni :)
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I can't wait to decorate it :) Would love to see your room when it's complete too, it's such a pretty theme :)! And yes I am thank you, hope you are too :)! xx

      Delete
  12. love your pics! and the items you have picked are very lovely!
    great blog! .. new follower :)

    Girls Talk... Fashion, Beauty, and Life!

    X❤X❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw thank you! I followed you too :) xx

      Delete
  13. I love that you are putting a lot of effort into decorating your uni room, I think it makes all the difference! I am really jealous of your floral suitcases, they're so pretty! xx

    www.jessthetics.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I need to start buying some little bits for the kitchen too now :) xx

      Delete
  14. i love everything! so pretty :)

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll check it out now :)! xx

      Delete
  15. I have a little teacup collection. some I drink from and some are decorative. I get it from my mum. She collects teapots and I love teacups. ha ha. think My obsession with all things Alice in Wonderland and teaparties helped too. xxx

    topazstarz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaw I bet that looks so cute! I think I'll definitely be buying more :) I love Alice in Wonderland too :) xx

      Delete
  16. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great post thou! did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! xoxo
    My Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3831938/love-joice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll follow you now :) xx

      Delete
  17. ooooooooh <3 This is such a GORGEOUS idea. Seriously, I think I might do the same but maybe a slightly different theme. Thanks so much for this :) Inspired!
    xo

    Jasmine @ rabbit-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) aaw you should! I would love to see what you come up with :)! xx

      Delete
  18. ah everything's so cute! And you got some really good bargains. Also I love how you have so many pictures on your blog posts :) You've gained a follower. If you're feeling bored then please could you check out mine?
    http://pickandmixx.blogspot.co.uk
    I've just started so there's not much up atm!
    Pav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you :)! I love a good bargain! I followed you too, will check out your blog now :)xx

      Delete
    2. Vintage buddies I love vintage so much! http://brittanysavannah.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  19. Kind of in love with the teacup haha, if I wasn't so clumsy I could buy one for myself too..but alas, that's not the case! xx

    http://a-city-girls-corner.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig