Little adventures | What I've been up to this week

The summer holidays are very nearly over and it has gone by so fast! As much as I like being at home, I can't wait to go back to university in September; make more new friends, live in a nice flat, party everyday during freshers week and start the second year of my course. It's crazy to think that I only started uni last year, yet will be writing my dissertation in my final year next year! Over the next few years, I plan to get a lot more involved in things and do as much as I possibly can. I'd love to get a little Saturday job, join lots of exciting societies (maybe rock-climbing) and do some volunteering. 



Superlambanana // Vintage lace wedding dress which I love at  The Museum of Liverpool // A child's room in WW2 and the view from outside of the window
 Liverpool wartime house // Krispy Kreme // Avon order arrived! // Chippy tea // New flowers // Botany Bay // Cooking chilli con carne  // Cute bear //
Hot chocolate // Chilling with Kate and Wills at Botany Bay //  Cute turtle bread // Favourite dress this summer from Primark // selfie



I have been on many cute days out over summer with both family and friends. This week started off with a trip to Liverpool with my best friend from school, we planned to do lots of shopping, however we ended up exploring the city instead! So, on arrival we were both very hungry so decided to go to Pizza Hut for lunch and opted for the buffet. I absolutely love pizza and pasta so I piled my plates high with slices of pizza with delicious toppings including pepperoni, cheese and tomato and meat feast (as well as the ever so yummy bolognese pasta).  After all of that food we did a little bit of shopping - Liverpool One is amazing - I didn't buy much, just my favourite ever concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection, from Boots. Since we both didn't really want to spend much money, we decided to finish shopping and head towards the Liverpool Docks for a walk. We stumbled upon a really cute little free museum house thing (Liverpool Wartime House), which is one of four Dock residences to survive the Blitz in 1941. The house is so cute, with old fashioned toys and there was a dressing table with vintage makeup and a wardrobe with clothes from that time which I loved- the house was restored to look the same as it did in back then. We also visited the Museum of Liverpool, which was also free, which has something that will interest everybody; ranging from The Beatles, theatre, war and fashion. I particularly liked the vintage wedding dress, and looking at all the hospital equipment they had in the olden days. That was a really nice day out, it's great what you can do for free!



On Thursday I went out with my gran to Botany Bay, which sells an array of beautiful home accessories, furniture and fresh food. This was a really nice little day out and I was treated to a lovely hot chocolate and a marshmallow ice-cream. There were also loads of weird machine things, which many I find so scary (I hate ventriloquist dummies- I think I may have been scared of them from watching an episode of Goosebumps when I was younger) so I didn't take pictures of them haha! However, I did have a go on the fairground fortune machine but the card I received from it didn't relate to anything I could think of. It was fun though! We took home some delicious freshly baked bread, it was in the shape of a turtle- definitely the cutest bread I have ever seen. It tasted amazing too!



Also this week, I have spent time at home relaxing, watching numerous DVD's - mean girl 1 and 2 to be specific! I've also written my CV ready to apply to lots of jobs when I go back to Sheffield. Yesterday was a bit of a disaster though, my little sister walked into the door (she is so clumsy) and me and my mum had to take her to accident and emergency as we thought she may have broken her nose. Luckily nothing turned out broken and everything was fine. We got home at 2am in the morning so I am very tired today!


What has everyone else been up to this week? Any plans for the bank holiday weekend? I think I'll just be staying at home, enjoying as much time as I can with my brothers and sisters before I head back to uni in a couple of weeks time. Hopefully it will be nice enough for a BBQ too!

56 comments

  1. University just flys by doesn't it! You should definitely make the most of it while you can :) I really wish I had joined a society when I was studying! I'll be having a chilled bank holiday too :) x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! Thank you, and I will, I want to do as many things as I can as I didn't do so much last year! Hope you have a lovely weekend :) xx

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to get back to university at the end of September! My first year has gone so incredibly quick I can't believe I'm now a second year! I need to start joining societies, I spent all of last year just going out with my flatmates! :) I'm flying home from France tomorrow so I think my bank holiday will be very tiring!
    xxx

    themadorange.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it has gone so quick, second year will probably go even quicker! I love France, hope you had a nice time there.. I'd love to go one day :)! xx

      Delete
  3. I love your blog, and would be honoured if you could check out mine. I'm currently going back to University in october too and cannot wait to go back. Followed on bloglovin and can't wait to see more posts

    poshgirlclub.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! :) I know, I'm so excited to see what second year brings :) xx

      Delete
  4. lovely photos, the chips look yummy lol x
    I was your 99th follower on bloglovin!(:
    Follow mine? closetsnaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they were haha! I will follow your blog now, thanks for following :) xx

      Delete
  5. Opodo very nice, how do you set up blog lovin with blogger? I've tried to follow yours can you follow mine? :) http://brittanysavannah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've followed you now, if you need any more help then just let me know :)! xx

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a fab time in Liverpool, it's amazing what you can find to do for free!

    www.northernskybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liverpool is great! I know, there are so many things to do for free :) xx

      Delete
  7. Hey lovely! I love your blog! I was wondering if you would check out mine? I've just uploaded a post on altering an old tartan shirt :) Thanks!

    x Erin

    louiseerin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll check your blog out now :) xx

      Delete
  8. Love your outing pics..always nice t get out n' bout during the Summer xx

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you :) and yes, especially when the weather's nice :)! xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Lauren, when I go to the UK, I'm always amazed by the many museums you can visit for free. It's just unbelievable!
    You really inspired my by your plans for this year: to get more involved in things and do as much as possible. I also would love to get a little Saturday job, because I didn't have the chance to get a summer job (which means: no money) due to my internship. And you really made me think about doing some volunteering too. It's something I actually never thought about before, but I think it would be so amazing to do. I really hope that I can be part of something like that very soon :) Thank you for the inspiration, I'm already getting excited about it just by thinking of it, haha!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's great! I don't usually go to them but since we finished shopping we thought it would be good to look around :) Aww I'm happy that this inspired you, a Saturday job would be great but your internship that you're doing at the moment is really good and you're getting lots of experience from it :)! Volunteering is good, I've done it before and it's really fun too, definitely something you should try :) I look forward to hearing if you decide to do any of those things, I'm sure I'll be writing on my blog about any volunteering and things I do :) xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Lauren,

    you're very pretty and I like these photos.
    I'll be following you blog.

    Bella B.
    justyled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great instagram posts! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I know, the cutest I've seen and tasted really good too haha! xx

      Delete
  13. This looks like you've had such a perfect time! I love all your little photos ;)
    p.s. I've nominated you for the Liebster award! All the details are over on my blog so I hope you join in the tag! :D xxx (zoesque.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a nice day out :)! I'll check it out now, thank you :) xx

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Krispy Kreme definitely have the best doughnuts! xx

      Delete
  15. All of these pictures look so great.. glad to see you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, Thanks for sharing!

    I am running a giveaway on my blog at the moment. Check it out..

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/100-followers-giveaway.html

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Liverpool is such a cool city isn't it! I went to University just outside of Liverpool so I spent quite a lot of time there. Just letting you know I've nominated you for a liebster award, so if you wanna do it just check out my post! :) x

    http://duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! So many great shops too! aww thank you, I'll check it out now :) xx

      Delete
  18. Lovely post dear! I enjoy volunteering as well :)

    Followed :)

    Xo, Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the collage of photos at the beginning, looks super cute. It sounds like you had a good summer. I'm actually about to begin university soon and I'm have a blogsale here: xoxoanniexoxo to get rid of a few things in the name of having a 'fresh start'.

    Loved the blog post! <3

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes it was good! Good luck for uni, you'll love it :) xx

      Delete
  20. Super leuk hoor!
    Misschien kunnen we elkaar volgen op bloglovin?
    Liefs,
    Eveline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your Primark dress! It seems like you had loads of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blogposts sooo much! Followed you! :) Hope you can check out my blog and follow me back! :)
    www.wardrobeventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your flowers are so pretty! I wish I was going back to university :( x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aw :( at least you have the memories :)! xx

      Delete
  24. you look lovely!
    I love turtle bread :o
    chanelle jade xx || www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks :) I know, it's so cute isn't it! xx

      Delete
  25. Lovely photos and you look dashing yourself as well :)


    Roma
    www.romaloveamor.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just found your blog and I love all your posts so far! I'm starting second year soon, *hi5*, I remember this time last year like it was yesterday, I was so nervous!

    Hafsah x
    http://ispyglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)! yay! Which university do you go to? :) And me too, I'm a little bit nervous about going back too! xx

      Delete
    2. I go to the University of Huddersfield, so I'm up north for uni too, and thanks for following my blog!! x

      Delete
  27. Cute pictures!

    aboutdrama.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig