Mini makeup reviews

Over the past month or so, I have tried and tested a couple of my most recent beauty purchases so that I can share my opinions and write a review for you. All the items below are under £10 (mostly under £5) so if you're looking for a good bargain then maybe you'll find one here! 

Revlon  Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Kiss Me Coral- £6.99
First of all, I am going to talk about the purchase I love the most- The Revlon Super Lustrous Lip gloss in Kiss Me Coral. I've never tried the Revlon lip glosses until now but now I have fallen in love with them, I'll definitely be buying more (maybe Pinkissmo and Fatal Apple)! I love this lip gloss as it's not sticky at all, has SPF15, glides on smoothly and wears for a reasonable amount of time- I'd say between 3 and 6 hours. I adore the shade Kiss Me Coral, it's such a summery colour and with a hint of sparkle it looks lovely in the sun! I have been wearing this almost every day since I bought it.



Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Laquer- £5.99 

I also bought one of the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquers to try as I've heard so many great things about them. I have to say that I was hoping for it to be much better than it actually was. Maybe I didn't really like it because the shade I bought (Nude Eclipse) didn't really suit against my pale skin. Also, the formula is a bit too drying for me after a while which I don't like either. I definitely think I would have loved this product more if I had bought a pink-ish shade!


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- £4.19
Moving on now to a product I love and could not live without. I had wanted to try this concealer for ages as so many good things have been said about it. I was not disappointed. I'd say this is a medium-heavy coverage compared to other concealers I have tried in the past. It works wonders for covering any blemishes and under eye circles. What I love most about this product is the longevity- I don't need to touch it up in the day and I think it lasts around 12 hours- which is great! The texture is nice and smooth and blends easily and I think it's probably best applied with fingers. The shade 'fair' matches my skin perfectly, however, there's only 4 shades available so there may not be a match for everyone's complexion.  I'll definitely be re-purchasing this when I eventually run out!


MUA Starry Night Palette- £4.00
I love my MUA Undress Mee Too palette, so I thought I'd explore other palettes MUA has to offer. I decided on the Starry Night palette as I wanted some a smokey palette which I can wear on a night out. I love the colours in this set; ranging from rose pinks, baby blues, soft purples, shimmery silvers and smokey grays. You can create many different looks with this palette, however I would prefer there to be more darker shades (maybe a black?) to create a smokier, darker look. As with all MUA palettes, I have found the colour payoff to be great and the eyeshadow stays put all day.


Barry M Confetti Nail Paint in Marshmallow- £3.99
The final product I bought was the Barry M Confetti Nail Paint. I love experimenting with different nail polishes-especially when a new effect is invented! I bought this polish in the shade Marshmallow as I think it will suit a variety of different colours, it contains tiny white and baby pink confetti. I decided to paint my nails all different colours to see which one looks the best- I think the coral with the confetti stands out the most! I love this as it's easy to apply and doesn't chip for days. However, there is one major problem with this nail polish.. it is a NIGHTMARE to get off! Even worse than glitter! But despite that, I love this nail polish and will continue to wear it throughout summer.

I may do another makeup review soon as I have a few more items which I have bought, and I'll probably buy more when I next go shopping! Have you tried any of these products? What makeup items are you obsessed with this summer?

44 comments

  1. The colours in the MUA pallete look sooo pretty. :)

    -Natasha
    www.hernameistashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really pigmented too, definitely a great bargain at £4! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of mini reviews! Would you mind if I took some inspiration and did a similar post on my blog? Haha! - amelia x

    lunalastic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)! Of course you can, I'll keep an eye out for that post so I can have a read :) xx

      Delete
  3. Great blog! I love MUA make-up, it's great :)


    http://storytellershannon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reviews! The revlon gloss looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's my favourite lipgloss now! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely reviews hun! Kiss Me Coral looks soooo beautiful, I can't wait to get it! I am such a coral addict and this shade looks perfect! :)

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it is a really nice colour- especially for summer! :) xx

      Delete
  6. love the mUA make up palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, all their palettes seem to be amazing, so cheap too! xx

      Delete
  7. I love glitter polishes too but really dread removing it, such a chore! The barry M ones look really nice, though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry M have amazing nail polishes- you should try them :)! xx

      Delete
  8. Amazing blog :) Followed You :)
    Please follow me back :)

    www.dede-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blog!

    would you be interested in doing a follow for follow??

    my blog is: http://ayeella.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) okay, I'll do it now! xx

      Delete
  10. Collection concealer is amazing! EVERYONE & ANYONE should own this! :)

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, best one for that price I think! xx

      Delete
  11. I love Barry M's products they always look really expensive
    NatWest xoxo
    Click me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many pretty colours too :)! xx

      Delete
  12. I've been wanting to try the Rimmer apocalips and the Collection concealer, I've heard so many good things about both products

    Nice blog!! I love the look and the posts
    xo,
    A
    alcamori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! Yes, the Collection concealer is a must have! Great price too :) xx

      Delete
  13. Thank you for sharing, I'm always happy when I find some good, cheap make up products!
    Btw I really like the style of your blog, and the graphic as well: girly, elegant and neat.
    Have a nice day honey

    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion·._.·´¯)
    (¯`·._.·Nymphashion FB·._.·´¯)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, hope you have a nice day too :)! xx

      Delete
  14. I love Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer, I use this myself haha! Some of these products look great! Thank you for commenting on my post on my blog, I replied to your comment on my review of Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer which can be found here:

    http://caitlinaaa.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/review-rimmel-london-apocalips-lip.html#comment-form

    Love your blog so much and thank you again for commenting xo

    CaitlinSeana|thoughts&fashion♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great isn't it! Best concealer I've had I think :) and aaw thank you :)! xx

      Delete
  15. Dying to try the Rimmel Apocalips!
    Also, I'm very jealous that you're studying psychology. If I had a chance to pick my uni course again, I'd definitely choose to study psychology, it's so interesting xx

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rimmel Apocalips are great, I would just never buy the colour I bought again! haha I love psychology, definitely the better half of my degree :) xx

      Delete
  16. The MUA palette looks really nice!!! I mostly go for the more natural colors but the colors in this palette are for both day and night look :)

    Natassa,
    NovembreBeaute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All MUA palettes are great :) There are some crazy colour palettes though! I mostly use this for night, but I suppose the blues will looks nice in the day :) xx

      Delete
  17. SO cheap and so many nice colors!!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know! www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love Revlon's Kiss Me Coral lipstick! I have to get the lip gloss version of it now after seeing your swatch. It's so pigmented! I'm definitely on a coral craze this summer. (:

    http://bloomingbolt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coral too! I've never tried the lipstick so I'll have to get that, the lip gloss is amazing- definitely my favourite this summer! xx

      Delete
  19. This is such a good post! I love the Apocalips!! :)
    Aims
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love glitter polishes but I find them all to be a nightmare when removing. I can't help but use them though. I love them.

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have a an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, I can't help but buy loads of them even though they are difficult to get off! I'll check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  21. Great post and I really like your blog design. The Kiss Me Coral lipstick sounds amazing.

    Chris x

    www.chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, definitely my favourite for the summer :)! xx

      Delete
  22. Great blog! I have the MUA palettes and C2000 concealer, they get used every day! Amazing value.

    http://beckyalyssasbeautybox.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use both of them everyday too, I think everyone needs to try them! Such good quality for little money!

      http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
      xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig