Betrousse beauty box review

I was delighted when the Betrousse Team asked if I wanted to review their latest beauty kit/ box! When the beauty box arrived I was so excited as this was the first ever beauty box I have ever had, it was a great early birthday treat and hopefully this review will introduce you to a new concept which you'll like just as much as me.  Betrousse is a unique concept whereby you are able to discover and try out the latest beauty products and cosmetics. The difference between Betrousse and other beauty boxes is that with Betrousse, a monthly subscription is not required- you can view the products inside the beauty box before you buy it. The best thing for me about Betrousse's beauty kits are that all the products are full sized, it really gives you plenty of time to try and enjoy the product! At just £10 per beauty kit for at least four full sized products, I think that is an absolute bargain. Another thing I like about Betrousse is that it is a french business, Betrousse is very popular in France so I think it's great that they have launched it here too! I've always wanted to try makeup and beauty products from other countries, especially France so it's great that I can try various brands which I would never have the opportunity to explore; Reve de Provence, Sentara and Tul├ęcos to name a few.


As you can see, each beauty kit is presented beautifully in a box which inside all of the products are carefully wrapped in pink tissue paper- I didn't know what products would be inside so you can probably imagine how excited I was opening this!! Each Betrousse beauty kit carries a different theme each month, this month was glitz and glamour. The aim of the  'glitz and glamour' box is to keep you looking glamorous despite the changing weather (think dry hair from the wind, dry skin from the cold etc) and maintaining glowing skin with the beauty ritual the Betrousse girls have provided in the form of four carefully selected products. Another cute added edition is the little menu card listing and explaining about each item in the beauty kit!



I haven't yet tried any of these items yet but I will do a full review on each product in the near future (well that's a lie, I did try the lipgloss and I loooove it).  The first item on the list is the Benta Berry G-1 exfoliating facial cleanser which retails for £14. I'm really excited to try this as it claims to make your skin soft, clean and promises a mattified complexion. Containing ground apricot seeds for exfoliation, this product smells amazing!



The Jason shampoo also looks really interesting to try out and I can't wait to see what it's like. Smelling of fresh roses it looks like a winner already! Jason shampoo is said to cleanse hair with natural, gentle surfactants whilst balance the PH levels of the scalp with rosewater and chamomile. 



I'm not joking, but this smells like a fruity heaven! I love the smell of this so much; mango, tangy fruity goodness! I can't wait to try the mango and safflower fairtrade body moisturiser and test whether it's as good at moisturising as it is at smelling divine. This moisturiser claims to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and nourished with the use of only natural ingredients.


I just love this enhance shimmer lipgloss from make believe beauty. The way I'd describe this lipgloss is like a pink and sparkly, glittery, girly dream, there is so much sparkle (ahh I love sparkly things!). This lipgloss is perfect to wear on it's own in the day, or for a more glamorous evening look this would go lovely over the top of a lipstick!

I would definitely recommend these beauty kits to anyone who loves trying out new beauty brands or anyone who loves makeup- for just £10 per kit for a minimum of four full sized beauty products, I think Betrousse is an amazing opportunity to try something new. What do you think of recieving full sized beauty products in beauty boxes? What do you think of Betrousse? Also, what are your favourite beauty boxes? I would love to hear about them as I love exploring different makeup and beauty brands!

This post contains gifted items. All opinions are entirely my own, please refer to my disclaimer for more information.

25 comments

  1. love the look of that lipgloss, and your blog is really pretty!

    http://thenetdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the lipgloss is really lovely- so glittery! aww thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really want to try that, it sounds great! xox

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely worth a try :) xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds great, I often debate over subsciption beauty boxes because there is rarely full size products and you don't know what you'll get, I definitely want to try this though such a great idea :p xx Emmi

    http://www.emmihearts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about other beauty boxes, but this is definitely great value and worth a try :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow this looks absolutely amazing. I've wanted to get a monthly subscription for beauty boxes for a while, but being a student I didn't really want to spend money each month to MAYBE like what's in the box. So thank you for reviewing this because the fact that you can see what's in the box beforehand makes life a lot easier and makes my purse feel a lot heavier! I think I might have to leave this blog post on my laptop at all times, in the hopes that my boyfriend or family members will see it and get it for me... Great blog post! xxx

    http://a-city-girls-corner.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaw I hope your boyfriend/ family member does treat you to this beauty box! I'm a student too so I understand why you wouldn't want to subscribe to a beauty box, the Betrousse box however solves this problem as you can see the products before you buy them. Definitely great value for money :) xx

      Delete
  5. Looks like a lovely box and for £10 its really affordable. I hate when othe beauty boxes charge a lot of money and you hardly like the content.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £10 really is an amazing price for what's in each box! I know, that's why this box is so great- you can see the products before you decide to buy it! xx

      Delete
  6. Hello dear,
    would you like to follow each other's blogs on facebook and bloglovin? Btw, love your blog's design, so chic!

    Best wishes,
    Gabriella
    http://gabriellawolf.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely review!

    There's something about the Betrousse beauty kits which I just love! Like you say, it's great to be able to try out some authentic products from a different country that we would never have known about otherwise! And I think they offer good value for money too. That lip gloss is so wearable, I bet it would go with anything! :-) xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love them too, I think it's exciting to be able to try makeup from different countries! Yes, the lipgloss is lovely (my favourite item in the box) and it does look lovely with everything :) xx

      Delete
  8. Oooh I love the sound of "exfolianting facial cleanser", would love to see a full review on that one! x

    Fernanda | Ferdie's Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab! i saw this on another blog but it was american so I didnt think it was avail in the UK, I'll need to look into this. I stopped using the others as i got fed up of the samples x

    Kirsty x Rockit Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lipgloss looks like a very nice subtle colour!

    xo Mel
    Anxiety | Depression | Panic Attacks

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely post! this box sounds really interesting :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. you can win a bottle of diesel loverdose perfume over on my blog! click here

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such great value and the Jason shampoo sounds lovely! I adore the smell of roses and the camomile sounds appealing too x

    Kathryn
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. the products look sooo pretty!

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig