Liz Earle limited edition Cleanse & Polish review

I've been waiting to try this for a few weeks now as I wanted to use it when I was back in Sheffield. I moved into my new flat on Sunday and have almost finished setting up my room (it's taken me days to unpack, I always bring so much!) so hopefully I'll have a post on that by the end of the week. I've heard so many great things about Liz Earle products - in particular their Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - so when I won a limited edition bottle on Twitter I was so excited to finally be able to try it! I hope you find this review useful, I'm going to do my best to talk through how to use it and tell you all what I think. Also, I had my haircut last week and got a fringe- I thought that I needed a new style as I'm very nearly 20 years old (omg that sounds so old)!!


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is a morning and evening cleanser which is suitable for all ages and skin types, even sensitive skin as it has a gentle cleansing power. I would describe the smell of the limited edition grapefruit and patchouli  as quite light and fresh with hints of citrus tones. The the cleanse and polish contains many naturally active ingredients which hold many skin benefits. The patchouli essential oil helps to soothe the skin and help calm stress, grapefruit helps to uplift, revive and detoxify your skin to leave it looking healthy and glowing, cocoa butter helps to keep your skin nice and softly moisturised and the beeswax helps to protect skin and relieve dryness. After using this, my skin felt and looked so much brighter, healthier, clearer and more radiant. The gorgeous smell is definitely a bonus! I feel like this cleanse and polish will last a long time as only one or two pumps are needed for each use. With regards to how the cream feels, it feels very much like a soft and light moisturiser which feels lightweight on your skin once applied. At £19.75 per 150ml bottle and two muslin cloths, this is usually more than I would pay for a cleanser, but I feel the price is reasonable for what you get and I would be happy to buy it again. I'd quite like to try the original! 


The hot cloth cleanser is really simple to use and requires just two steps. First is the cleansing phase; I took my muslin cloth and left that to soak whilst I massaged two pumps of the cream onto my face. It's best if you work in circular movements from the centre of your face, leaving the eyes until last. After you have gently worked the cleanser into your skin, it's time to polish. After leaving the muslin cloth to soak in warm water for a while, I wrung the cloth out before polishing off the cream. It is advised to use a clean section of cloth for each part of the face and to rinse the cloth thoroughly during cleansing. I finished off the routine by rinsing my face with water and  applying my Ponds moisturiser. 


Overall, I really liked this product and really want to try the original. If you can get your hands on the limited edition then it's definitely worth a try, it smells gorgeous and leaves your skin looking and feeling so much brighter, healthier and it removed every inch of my makeup off. Have you ever tried anything from Liz Earle

16 comments

  1. Lovely review :) I haven't tried anything from Liz Earle, but its on my list for my next spending splurge

    http://avpaccessories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes, I definitely recommend the Cleanse and Polish, I haven't tried any of there other products but would like to :)xx

      Delete
  2. I actually never heard of Liz Earle before (I'm clearly not from this world, haha). But relying on your review, it seems like a good product existing of good ingredients.
    Your hair looks gorgeous, Lauren, love the new haircut!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I probably only just heard of it this year! Aw thank you Sofie :)!! xx

      Delete
  3. this looks great - I am always so unsure whether I like the idea of cloth cleansers, I think I prefer to take all my makeup off and then cleanse. In my head this makes more sense but I may be wrong!

    xx | PixiRella xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your point, I like to take my makeup off and then cleanse too! Cloth cleansers are great to try if you want to ever try something different! xx

      Delete
  4. I love the packaging on this so much! I've only tried cleanse and polish once, a very long time ago, but I definitely want to give it another try sometime soon!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, it looks so fresh and cute! ooh yes you should, the limited edition one is definitely worth a try :)! xx

      Delete
  5. nice blog!

    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. I've never tried any Liz Earle yet either but fully intend to. Heard so much good things lately! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first Liz Earle product I have tried, and it is really good, you should try it :)! xx

      Delete
  7. This sounds lovely! I've never tried anything from Liz Earle before :) Lovely review :)
    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, they do have some lovely products! xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig