Mini makeup reviews + Christmas daytime look

As Christmas is very fast approaching, I decided to create an easy Christmas daytime look for you as well as review some recent beauty purchases I have made. The look I have gone for is a very soft, smokey brown eye with a vibrant and Christmassy red lip which would look great during the day with a novelty Christmas jumper as well as the evening teamed with a little black dress. Hopefully by reading this, you'll feel the need to immediately add some extra things to your Christmas list *the Rimmel lipstick is AMAZING* or just get a few ideas on how to wear your makeup for Christmas day! 


Urban Decay Naked Palette- £31.45


After seeing multiple great reviews of the Urban Decay naked palettes, I decided to finally purchase one for myself to see if it really is as good as everyone claims it to be. I chose the first naked palette as it contains a mix of shimmer and matte shadows of beautiful colours including half baked, darkhorse, toasted and gunmetal which enable you to create a variety of different looks- a soft, brown smokey eye for the day and a more sultry, darker smokey eye for the evening. First of all, the packaging is very simple yet beautiful and neat and contains 12 shadows, an eye shadow brush and a mirror (which is perfect if you are travelling). At £31. 94, this is quite an expensive palette, but I do believe it's great value for money as the quality is really good- each and every eye shadow is strongly pigmented, you can go through a whole day without the need to top up your makeup as the staying power is amazing and there's no fallout when you apply it either. Although everything I have said about this product is positive, I probably won't be buying it for myself again as it is a little expensive- the MUA Undress Mee Too palette is extremely similar to this, if not the same in quality and only £4 too, so I think I'll stick with that in the future!

 Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Red Diva- £3.99
Lip liners are a must, particularly with red lipsticks. After lots of searching through Boots, I decided to go with the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner. I chose the colour Red Diva as it was the closest match I could find to the lipstick below. I'm no expert at putting lip liner or lipstick on, but I found this lip liner really easy to use and it glides on really smoothly.Also, the tip is really fine and angled so you can make your lips look more precise, defined and voluminous. The staying power of this product is actually really good too, I'd say it lasts around 6-8 hours before it needs retouching. There are various other lovely shades in this collection which I think I may have to purchase and try soon!

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 01- £5.49 
I'm not usually that adventurous when it comes to lipstick, I tend to stick to more natural, nude shades. However, I decided to give red lipstick a go as it looks great on so many people but it's also really hard to find the right shade to suit you. I decided to try the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 01 as it's such a gorgeous colour and I think this would actually suit many skin tones- a bright cherry red with cool undertones. This lipstick leaves a matte finish to the lips and is actually quite moisturising, it doesn't dry your lips out at all (although I would put a lipbalm underneath) and is really long lasting (around 6-8 hours) which is great if you're going out for the evening! I have had no problems with smudging, and I haven't had lipstick on my teeth so I think red lipstick could just about be my new favourite. For just £5.49, this lipstick is such a bargain (especially for red lipstick newbies) so I'd definitely purchase this again without hesitation and I would also like to try some other colours within Kate Moss lipstick range.


To finish off the Christmas daytime look, it's necessary to wear a festive jumper! The one I'm wearing here with the cute robin is a purchase from last winter, it's actually still on sale here for half the price I got it for- bargain! What's your favourite lipstick to wear in the winter? Are you looking forward to Christmas yet?

29 comments

  1. What a beautiful blog and you are soooo beautiful too, girl! Definetely start to follow you and wait for new posts!
    Btw, I haven`t seen this Kate Moss shadde around! So strange but it looks amazizng on you:)

    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :)! It's quite a popular shade, that's probably why you haven't seen it! xx

      Delete
  2. This look is gorgeous on you, Lauren! And I think you're wearing a lovely jumper!
    I'm really looking forward to Christmas! Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sofie :) The jumper is cute, that's one good thing about winter- wearing cute Christmas jumpers! Hope you have a lovely Christmas :) xx

      Delete
  3. Very pretty look :) the rimmel liner sounds good! X

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It stays on for ages, you should try it! xx

      Delete
  4. I need to get the Naked 3 and original Naked palette, I have the number 2 and its amazing!
    www.skinandroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the original Naked palette, I need to try them all too! xx

      Delete
  5. This is such a lovely post :) I've been wanting a Naked palette for what feels like forever although I'm with you on the price because it's just not something I can rationalize spending on myself for just one thing. I'm loving the Rimmel Kate lipsticks too. Both the matte and the lasting finish are so lovely to use.

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you :) You should put it on your Christmas/ birthday list :)! They are amazing aren't they, I haven't tried the matte ones but I think I may have to purchase a few soon :) xx

      Delete
  6. Nice pictures! Hope we can follow each other. I really do love Rimmel, that brand being drgustore does a great job with their products, I have one Rimmel "Kate" lipstick and its so freaking creamy and pigmented I can't believe it, I haven't seen these shade but it's really pretty tho. xoxo

    www.vivalatrucco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) They are amazing aren't they!! The shade 01 is quite popular, which is probably why you haven't seen it :) xx

      Delete
  7. everyone keeps raving about the naked pallet!
    you look pretty :)

    Shalay| itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is good, but I think the MUA palettes are just as pigmented.. so it would be worth trying that out before splurging on the Naked palette :)! xx

      Delete
  8. New follower from the 2014 blogger challenge. Can't wait to see what you have in store.
    Love Vicky
    http://aroundandaroundandupsidedown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun! Glad to see you're part of the #2014BloggerChallenge as well ^^ Lovely blog so I just followed! Hope you'll enjoy my posts too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I followed you back too :) xx

      Delete
  10. Saw you're doing the 2014 blogger challenge , me also! Can't wait to read your posts :) I gave you a follow also!

    P.s how lovely is that Rimmel lippy?!

    Natalie xx
    www.nataliecatherine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is awesome, I LOVE your layout!
    Nice post, thanks for making me want to go shopping again.. lol!!:)

    Cool blog, ill subscribe :)

    http://itschristiefriday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your look is SO adorable. I've been meaning to try out the Kate Moss lipstick from Rimmel so thanks for the review! I think it sounds worthy of a buy.

    Happy New Year!
    xo, Syd
    http://www.popsyd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :)! Yes, it's definitely worth every penny :) xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig