Laughter, cakepops and vodka shots!

My best friend Lucy came to visit me at uni for the weekend and I had such a lovely time, here's some insight into what we got up to...


We started off our Saturday with a little bit of baking which was quite funny as we are both a nightmare a little clumsy in the kitchen. Despite Lucy getting eggshells everywhere and me spilling flour and sugar all over the place, we managed to make some rather professional looking chocolate cakepops- not bad for a first attempt we thought! I think I might post the recipe on here next time I make them as they are super easy to make! After a few hours of baking, we went to Waitrose for a light lunch. The mocha's there are AMAZING... and the best thing is that they are free! Whilst drinking our mocha's we had a good gossip and catch up about things at home and university tales. After lunch, we went to Meadowhall as no weekend is complete without a little bit of shopping. To be honest, I didn't really buy much because I'm not really a big spender, but what I did buy was a rose bath bomb from Lush (which I got told was inspired by Beauty and the Beast- my favourite Disney film) and the cutest recipe book ever from paperchase which I hope to fill with lots of delicious recipes. After a few hours of shopping it was time to get some tea and start thinking about what we were going to wear for the night ahead. We went to pizza hut for our tea and I can never understand how we manage to eat a large pizza between the two of us- the waiter even asked if it was just us eating it as if to say how on earth are they going to eat all of that haha. 




Once we got back to the flat, we decided to watch The Great Gatsby as Lucy hadn't seen it and it is such an incredible film- possibly one of my favourites. Leonardo DiCaprio is just perfect. If you haven't yet watched this film then you definitely should! After the film finished, we got ourselves ready to go out by singing loudly to Beyonce, maybe having a few too many shots and drinks as well as taking a million photos and being in fits of giggles (I have no idea why we were laughing having our photo taken).. everything just seems to be a hundred times funnier after a few drinks. After that, we went straight to the club and had a great night fueled with dancing, giggling and shots. 

How did you spend your weekend?

13 comments

  1. Your cake pops look delicious and I couldn't agree more.. Leonardo DiCaprio is perfect (even if he's old enough to be my dad...)! x

    Pillar-box Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I know, he's still amazing though!! xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the best catch-up weekend ever! The chocolate cakepops look amazing!
    I've never watched the Great Gatsby. I'll write it down on my list of movies to watch :)

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great weekend! You should definitely watch it, it's one of my favourite films I think :) xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Trust me though, eating enormous amounts of pizza is perfectly normal! ;)

    ~Journal of a Journo~ X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thanks! And I know, I love pizza too much haha xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are really good haha :) xx

      Delete
  5. Lauren, you look great!! I adore the skirt you're wearing -- Sounds like a great weekend :]

    XO Color Me Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, the skirt is from Dorothy Perkins! xx

      Delete
  6. Its great to see that you've stayed close with your friends outside of uni, as I'm going in September! Also, love the design of your blog xx

    gilly15.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oohh good luck with uni in September, you'll love it I'm sure! Yeah, I think it's important to stay in contact with friends, it's so easy to lose touch. Thank you :)! xx

      Delete
  7. This looks like so much fun!
    You look SO SO great!
    I love those cakepops! My boyfriend had them for his 21st and they were SOOOOO yummy...

    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig