21st Birthday Celebrations

This Sunday I celebrate my 21st birthday; I feel so old! I decided to go home for a few days to see family and friends a few days before my birthday as I will be celebrating in Sheffield with my friends from university over the weekend. I hadn't been home in a few months so I was so excited to be going home once I got on the train.


 When I arrived home I was surprised with a lovely box of cute personalized cupcakes by Betty Bluebird Cupcakes from my mum; it was such a nice surprise to start my 21st birthday week off! All the cakes have now gone as they were so delicious (and because I love cake... I think I definitely ate the most). The rest of the evening was spent with family having a little party with lots of food and a big catch up.


The following day was a real treat as my granny took me on a day out. We went to Lytham which is a picturesque town with cute, little shops, a big windmill and a seaside view which I have been to many times before when I was little. First of all, we stopped for a little coffee break to start the day and had a long chat and gossip about what we had been up to over the past few months. After that we had a wander around the shops and my granny bought me a lovely tartan scarf from New Look which I can't wait to wear this Winter.


Searching for a place to eat was rather difficult as all the restaurants looked amazing and after many belly rumbles and looking all the menus, we decided to eat at SpagóSpagó is a luxurious Italian restaurant with traditional, hearty Italian food. I loved the elegant interior and the fact you could see the chefs cooking the food.  I chose the spaghetti bolognese with crispy panchetta which tasted incredible, however, I thought the portion was a bit too big for me. My granny chose the lasagna which looked and smelled delightful; I'd probably choose that next time if I go again. Once we'd eaten, we went for a nice walk along the beach whilst eating ice-cream before heading back home. I had such a lovely day; I love it when my granny takes me on days out!


My mum took me and my sister to the beach on Thursday with Nancy and Rocky (our new puppy) and treated us both to lunch. After lunch we went for a nice long walk along the pier in the September sunshine with the dogs; they were very tired after their long walk and slept the whole journey home!


    On Thursday night, I spent the evening with my two best friends Lucy and Bethany. We all got a little dressed up and went for a meal at a lovely Italian restaurant called The Olive Press. I had the most delicious pepperoni pizza whilst Lucy and Bethany both opted for fancy pasta dishes. This was all washed down with a glass a few glasses of Pinot Grigio Sparkling Rosé, giggles and a gossip till late.

Up to now I've had such a lovely week; I can't wait for the weekend!

14 comments

  1. Happy birthday! Really like those cupcakes and you look so sweet. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The cupcakes were lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh Rocky is so cute and those cakes looked so goood! Happy belated birthday
    Daniella x
    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he's adorable isn't he! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  3. Omgosh those are the CUTEST cakes ever!! Happy belated birthday, pretty girl! :)

    Hope you'll enter my L'Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they tasted amazing too! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday lovely! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday and it sounds like you had a great week :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was the perfect week :)xx

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great time :D the photos look great and the cupcakes are so cute! :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I had a lovely time! The cupcakes were amazing :) xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig