Northern Blogger Meet Up

A few weeks ago I went to my first ever blogger meet up and I'm so glad I did. Initially, I was quite nervous as I didn't know any of the other bloggers there (apart from Emily) but there was definitely no need as everyone was so lovely and easy to talk to. The meet up took place at Eten Cafe; a cute little place to eat located in the city centre. With friendly staff and delicious food on offer such as full day breakfasts, burgers and light lunches this would be a nice place to go out for lunch if you're passing through Sheffield. I opted for the classic Eten burger which was amazing (and very messy)! I'll definitely go again sometime but I think I'd choose the all day breakfast which looked and smelt incredible!


After chats on beauty, fashion, and sharing blogging tips whilst tucking into our lunch, Lush came in to give us a talk on their company, ethos and products. I found their talk really informative and interesting and was really intrigued when they mentioned about the Lush Spa. In particular, their 'synaethesia' treatment sounded amazing with an 80 minute massage with bespoke music and fine fragrance - I so want to try that! I also loved hearing about their charity pot and how much their company helps those in need; they help many charities  local and worldwide, focusing on the environment, animal protection and human rights. After the talk we were all lucky enough to receive a goody bag from Lush which contained a bath bomb, shampoo and eye cream. I was so excited when I saw the bath bomb as there's nothing better than coming home after a long day and getting into a warm bath bomb filled relaxing bath!



Two Benebabes from Benefit arrived next armed with Benefit goody bags containing a full sized They're Real Mascara and the much coveted They're Real Push-Up Liner (how generous!). The Benefit girls were lovely and gave us all great insight into the background and origins of their company and products as well as giving demonstrations and helpful beauty tips such as eyebrow mapping. We also got a sneak preview of their upcoming Christmas range which looks amazing - I really want the Benefit advent calender!



I left the day with new friends, blog ideas and a bag bursting full of goodies. A lot of effort clearly went into creating the goody bags as you can see! I'm most excited to try the Manuka Doctor face masks so I'll let you know soon what I think of those. Thank you to Faye (Lace, Louboutins and Leather) for letting me use your camera for the day and thank you to CatherineKat,Tori and Kirstie for hosting such an amazing event, I'll definitely be going to more blogger meet ups in the future!


Have you ever been to a blogger meet up?

6 comments

  1. I've not been to a blogger meet up yet, however my friend went to this one and was raving about how I need to attend the next!
    Glad you had an ace time!
    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it was amazing! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You should go to one, they are so much fun! xx

      Delete
  3. It looks like you had a great time. Love the last picture. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig