White Chocolate Snowflakes

With only nine weeks left now until Christmas, it's time to start writing wishlists, buying presents and practicing Christmas baking. I'm so excited for Christmas this year; particularly to see all of my family again and eat a nice, festive roast whilst pulling crackers and giggling at the awful jokes with a classic Christmas film blurring in the background. I'm really hoping it snows this Christmas too! Over the weekend, I decided to do some Christmassy baking as practice for when I take some of the baked goods home for my brothers and sisters to enjoy on Christmas Eve. I chose a simple biscuit recipe (which makes around 8-10 biscuits) and adapted it with a twist of white chocolate. I hope you like it!

                        
Ingredients:
200g plain flour
100g margerine
70g caster sugar
1 bar of white chocolate 
1 egg
Icing sugar
Silver decorative balls

1. Add margarine, flour and chocolate to the bowl and rub together until a breadcrumb consistency is formed. 
2. Next, bind the egg and caster sugar together into a biscuit dough.
3. Sprinkle flour onto a clean work-surface and roll out the mixture (about 1 cm thick).
4. Using a star shaped cutter, print out the 'snowflakes' and place on a baking tray. Cook for 20 minutes at 170 degrees c.
5. Once cooked, leave to cool for around 30 minutes. 
6. Sprinkle icing sugar over each biscuit to create a snowy effect.
7. Ice each biscuit using glacé icing (I piped a snowflake on some and completely covered others).
8. Now it's time to be creative and decorate each snowflake however you like!


These biscuits are really easy and fun to make - me and my boyfriend were getting quite competitive as to who could decorate the better snowflake! To create the snowflake shape, I used thstar cookie cutters from DotComGiftShop which were really simple to use and a bargain at £2.95.The DotComGiftShop is a great place to start buying Christmas presents from as all the gifts on site are cute and unique; there's definitely something for everyone. I'm really pleased with the end result of how these snowflake biscuits turned out; they would make a lovely gift wrapped in cellophane and tied with a cute festive bow for a friend or would be delicious accompanied with a rich hot chocolate served on a big plate for the whole family to enjoy.



Are you excited for Christmas? 

18 comments

  1. i really cant wait to start christmas baking!
    ive just set up my blog if you'd be so kind as to have a peek?

    lovely blog
    Lia x

    http://lialikestobake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so much fun! Of course :) xx

      Delete
  2. These look gorgeous! You've done a beautiful job of decorating them...and your boyfriend!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hate to say it but his decorating was actually neater than mine haha! xx

      Delete
  3. Reading this has got me kind of excited for Christmas! Will need to try this recipe, they look delicious x

    www.aboutxgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yayy! :D Let me know if you do, they do taste amazing :) xx

      Delete
  4. They look so cute! Christmas baking is the best <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. Love how you decorated these cookies, I'll have to try out your recipe but in gluten free. Thanks for sharing!

    xx Angie | http://thefashionfuse.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and your welcome, have fun baking your cookies! xx

      Delete
  6. So inspiring i am definatley going to makes these treats i also i have some recipes on my blog if you like you can check it out and maybe follow http://sarahluberts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I hope you enjoy them just as much as I did. Great, I'll check them out now! :) xx

      Delete
  7. These treats looks soo delicious
    www.lemondedeouej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so cute and delicious! :) need to try the recipe x
    Ana Céline Labod

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so yummy! I love making simple biscuits and your snowflake piping skills are so good :)

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig