Sparkles in the night sky

I've always loved going to firework displays; a chance to wrap up all warm in your most cosy coat, scarf and gloves, eat candyfloss and watch the glittery, majestic fireworks sparkle in the moonlit sky. Having not been to a bonfire in quite a few years, my housemates and I decided it would be nice to celebrate bonfire night this year. Wrapped up in our woolly jumpers, hat and scarves, we headed to the Don Valley "After Dark" firework display, the biggest firework display in Yorkshire. We all love fireworks so we were super excited! We arrived just in time to get a good spot for watching the bonfire being lit and once lit it was beautiful, the flames roared into the darkness and warmed us all up straight away. After gazing at the bonfire for a while, we had a look around all the food vans and got something to eat. I chose a standard beefburger and Emily chose a pulled pork baguette which looked delicious! We also had a wander around the fairground rides and the girls went on the waltzers (without me - I'm not a fan of rides). Making our way through the crowd of thousands, we waited with anticipation for the fireworks to start. 3...2...1...BOOM! The fireworks begun and vividly illuminated the sky to the sound of songs relevant to the year thus far, my favourite being Let it Go from Frozen! Several fireworks sparkled through the night sky and it was soon over and time to go home. It was such an amazing display and I can't wait to go again next year!


How did you spend your bonfire night?

16 comments

  1. Beautiful photos!
    Looked like you had a great time!

    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I was able to see Fireworks, as soon as I left the house it started raining so I went straight back in haha x
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly saw any fireworks this year! I heard plenty though haha :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such lovely pictures! Fireworks look so beautiful. My dog is terrified of them so we had to stay in with her, haha :) x x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post, love the photos

    Please let me know if you would be interested in following eachother on GFC and Bloglovin.Would love to stay in contact.

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are lovely you have a really nice blog
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That display looks brilliant, the one closest to me is no where near as good as that! xx

    penzees.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had such a lovely evening!

    Paige xx
    Skin And Roses

    ReplyDelete
  9. love these beautiful pictures! and you look gorgeous !
    kisses
    debow
    ohdebow.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw that fireworks look so pretty, making me wish that I had gone to see them!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures you took , I tried to take pics of fireworks but they did not turn out like this at all . lol xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO pretty! Such good photographs, you get them at the right moments!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig