Book review | Calm

I hope you're all well and enjoying the sunshine!

Recently, I bought the book Calm by Michael Acton Smith and thought that it was too good not to share with you! If you're feeling a little stressed and overworked or love beautifully illustrated books then this book is perfect for you. Calm focuses on the topic of mindfulness and calming the mind which is separated into eight different sections: nature, sleep, travel, relationships, work, children, creativity and food. Designed to be a source of inspiration which you can dip in and out of whenever you're feeling overwhelmed, this book encourages and inspires you to develop daily calm habits that make you become more mindful about your life and appreciate the things around you. At only £6.99 you get so much; beautiful illustrations adorn each of the pages filled with creative prompts, activities, instructions and inspiration which you can come back to time and time again. 


As I have mentioned, every page within this book is beautiful. I don't want to share too many pictures as I don't want to spoil each gem of a page for you! As you can see there are many pages filled with easy, inspirational things to make such as a mind jar, I'll be trying to do as many of these projects as I can!


The creativity chapter is my favourite chapter as it releases the inner child in me and has colouring in pages and spaces to design your own tree house and try out calligraphy - how fun does that sound!


I also really like the sleep chapter as it has many useful tips on how to have the best nights sleep and has lots of inspiring quotes like the one below. A major theme throughout the book is the importance of meditation for calming the mind and alleviating any stresses and worries. The book goes hand in hand with the Calm app which you can download on your phone or use on the computer. This app allows you to meditate any time whether that be for two minutes or twenty. I find this very useful for times when I need to take a break for a minute and it's a great way to start the day, providing me with a positive mindset to carry out all the tasks ahead.


This book would make a lovely surprise gift for a friend or family member and for such a good price it would be silly not to get one for yourself too! Have you read this book? What's your favourite quote?

15 comments

  1. This looks such a lovely book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is, all the pages are so pretty!

      Delete
  2. Very lovely post :)
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this books sounds so interesting. I haven't heard of it but I'd love to check it out!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read this, bet it's great to wind down with!

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's great to read before bed to help you feel more positive about the day ahead!

      Delete
  5. Just the front cover of this makes me feel totaly relaxed and calm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this review Lauren! I genuinely might get this book - I love an inspirational read.

    www.gemmacarey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely should, it's such a great price too!

      Delete
  7. Oh my, such a great book, need to find it! Thanks for sharing!:)

    Anete,
    FIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needs this it sounds and looks amazing! Thanks for letting us all know about it and the app :) downloading straight away hehe x
    Sophie

    www.SophieJenner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig