A lovely weekend | Manor House Farm

I can't believe summer is almost over! This summer has gone so quickly and with working a lot of weekends, it has felt that I haven't had much of a break so it was so nice to go home over the weekend with my boyfriend and have nothing to worry about. After a long journey and a chippy tea with my family, we headed to Manor House Farm in Rufford, a beautiful bed and breakfast overlooking the marina. We were greeted by the lovely Martin and Jackie who were amazing hosts throughout our stay. The room was simply amazing with luxurious interior, a king sized bed and HD TV. I really want to live in a house like this one day!


After a great night's sleep, we awoke to the smell of bacon...yummy! We'd been so excited for our full English breakfast all week and it did not disappoint, it was delicious! I loved all the little details such as the little pots of jam and local honey as well as the clear jars which the cereal was stored in (I'm going to get some of those for my new house!). The rest of the day was spent with my family and we were treated to some lovely meals out. 



Before heading back to Manor House Farm, we went to one of the local pubs for a few drinks with my mum and dad which was lovely. When we got back, we had a couple more drinks and watched the thunder storm from the window...the simple things are the best! Luckily, the sun was shining the next day and after filling ourselves up with another delicious full English breakfast, we went for a nice morning walk along the marina. To end our trip, we enjoyed a barbecue in the garden surrounded by my family with two cute little dogs running around - perfect. 


I had such a great weekend and can't wait to go back to Manor House Farm in the near future! 
Have you been anywhere nice over summer? 

33 comments

  1. lovely post!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that place looks great Lauren! I love little mini breaks like :) Lovely photos too!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It's a lovely place to visit!

      Delete
  3. This place looks great! Such delicious food (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really looks like an awesome place to spend a great weekend! :)
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauitful pictures! :)
    x Arwa
    http://cremerose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so stunning, love the manor itself and the food looks incredible. You of course, look totally gorgeous too :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! It was a gorgeous place, will definitely be going back!

      Delete
  7. Manor House Farm looks beautiful and that food looks delicious! I know what you mean by feeling like summer is pretty much over and its gone so quickly!

    Nicola | www.thebeautymonologue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breakfast was so good! I know, but I'm excited for autumn :D

      Delete
  8. What a great summer! The food at the bead and breakfast looks so yummy!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been anywhere outside of London before but this sounds like a lovely place to go for a visit. Love your photos x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go to London again, I haven't been in years! Thanks 😊

      Delete
  10. Um hi hello - WHERE IS YOUR DRESS FROM?! You look stunning in that red dress (yes, even from the back). Way to be gorgeous.
    www.blondesandbagels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Very and it's my new favourite dress! A bargain in the sale 😊 thank you!

      Delete
  11. Looks like you had a wonderful vacation.. Well I had gone to Scotland and Ireland for a couple of days and it was an amazing experience :)


    Chic Peachy Pink / Twitter / Instagram / BlogLovin' / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing 😊 I haven't been to Ireland before

      Delete
  12. Such gorgeous photos! The food looks delicious!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like you had such a lovely trip, all of the food looks amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice break, I can't wait for my next trip!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  14. The place looks lovely, sounds like you had a lovely weekend away.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely 😊 I can't wait to go for another weekend away!

      Delete
  15. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend, lovely photos!
    Dimples Diaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely weekend it looks like you two had! That food looks amazing :) Love reading your blog would hope you stop by my latest post!

    xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lauren & Jonathan.
    Just realised we could add to your blog.
    Posted it on our Facebook page when you sent it. Many likes.
    Thank you for your enthusiastic and lovely comments.
    Something to cherish.
    Welcome back anytime.
    Thank you so much
    Martin & Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm sure we'll be back very soon, hopefully sometime before Christmas!

      xx

      Delete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig