A day at Bristol Zoo

As it was raining on my birthday, we decided to postpone going to the zoo until the weekend. Thankfully the sun was shining brightly on Saturday morning so Jonny and I headed to Bristol Zoo nice and early to see our favourite animals. I've loved going to the zoo since I was little so this little trip was really exciting! We saw the lions first and it was incredible how close we were to them, to hear their gigantic roars and it was adorable to see such big animals cuddling up to one another whilst they had a nap. Next up were my favourite animals, monkeys! I could watch these fascinating creatures all day, they are so cute to watch.





After a lunch break of roast ham sandwiches and rainbow cake at the coral restaurant, we wandered around to see what other animals we could find. We came across gigantic gorillas, pretty pink flamingos, cute little penguins and cuddly red pandas. Hidden away near the nectar garden, we stumbled upon the butterfly house. Never have I ever seen so many beautiful butterflies all in one place! They were simply stunning to photograph and the butterfly photos were my favourites from the day (as well as the cute upside down monkey).





I had such a lovely day and can't wait to explore other zoo's! 
What's your favourite animal?

17 comments

  1. I love the zoo! Lemurs are always my fave haha
    Anna | aforvogue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They look so cute don't they :)

      Delete
  2. These photos are so beautiful! It seems like you had a great time♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really love going to the zoo because it's something completely different and all of the animals end up being really cute - just like the ones in these photos! Looks like a great day out :) xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, animals are so cute to watch! I'd love to go on a safari in a different country, that would be fun!

      Delete
  4. Love this post, what adorable photos! The penguins are so cute! x

    Brigitte | brigittehayley.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, penguins are one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  5. Despite being 23 years young, one of my favourite places to go is the zoo. I used to go every year without fail, on my birthday, when I was younger. There's just something so fun about it no matter how many times I go lol :) X

    THEFASHION-JUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I love taking photos and watching their funny little characteristics!

      Delete
  6. Your photos are brilliant, and rainbow cake sounds amazing aha!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! You got some great photos!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. so i listen to a podcast called Hello Internet, and the podcasters actually adopted (effectively help fund) one of the penguins at the Bristol Zoo. They got to name it, Grey, as well! too cute.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig