How to make your own Afternoon Tea

Going out for afternoon tea can be quite expensive, so why not make your own? I managed to get all of the ingredients that I needed for just over £20 (with plenty of ingredients left to do lots more baking!). Everything I baked here I had never made before, so if you aren't the best baker it doesn't matter! 


 No afternoon tea is complete without scones! A traditional plain scone with sweet strawberry jam and clotted cream sounds delicious, but why not mix it up a bit and go for something savory like cheese scones? Next up are the delicate sandwiches, either cut into slices or neat little triangles with the fillings of your choice. My favourites for afternoon tea are cheese, ham and cream cheese with cucumber.




Making the desert is the most fun part and this is where you can really show off your creativity. Cakes, cheesecake, petit fours, macarons... anything goes! I baked a deliciously light and fluffy Victoria sponge cake layered with vanilla cream and chunky strawberries. The best thing about making a big cake is that there will be plenty of leftovers! The salted caramel chocolate cheesecake was made by my boyfriend, I think the grated chocolate star on the top gives it such a pretty touch. Accompany your afternoon tea with a selection of teas or a hot chocolate if you prefer and enjoy.


I can now tick make my own afternoon tea off my 25 before 25 list! What's your favourite part of afternoon tea? Will you have a go at making your own?

14 comments

  1. Looks like a perfect tea party! Wish I can join because everything looks so delicious :)
    fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely! I might have to give this a go one day soon :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you come up with :)!

      Delete
  3. This looks delicious! I'll definitely have to try it!

    -Ally
    Hustle & Whoa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! I love the afternoon tea! <3

    I invite you to visit our new website where you will find a discount voucher to redeem at our fashion store! Don't miss it! :)
    http://www.bossane.com

    Cheers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love afternoon tea! it always is such a treat but its also very expensive so doing it yourself (though time intensive) would be nice. my cousin does this for us sometimes b/c she loves to bake and entertain.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have a "25 before 25" list! I want to do something similar for my 30th!! Eek! The chocolate cheesecake looks YUM too! My fave. xx

    www.rockonholly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the post! You have an amazing blog:)

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, all food looks so yummy!

    http://bellemelange.net/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making your own afternoon tea time snacks is a great idea, we just love those little sandwiches and scones! The sponge cake and cheesecake looks delicious too, we will definitely be trying this out soon!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig