25 things to do before 25 | UPDATE 5/25

Last year, I created a '25 things to do before 25' post, sharing all the things I would love to do and try before I reach 25. Fast forward many months and I have finally ticked off five of those things. I want to document everything I manage to do from the list, so I am going to update you all of my latest adventures every time I cross five off. Maybe this will inspire you to create your own bucket list?

Make my own Afternoon Tea - This is one of the first things I ticked off the list and the funnest thing to do! Going out for Afternoon Tea can be expensive, but if you create it yourself it can be a lot cheaper. I love to bake, so I thoroughly enjoyed picking out the recipes and planning and baking each and every delicious treat. I also got to make full use out of my cute, ditsy rose Cath Kidston tea set, which made the afternoon tea I made look even more beautiful. There's nothing better than baking all day, sitting down at the end of it, and eating everything you made with a salted caramel hot chocolate and the best company, Jonny. My favourite thing I made was the fancy Victoria sponge cake. It was so light and airy, filled with cream and strawberries.... the perfect cake to bake in summer. I need to make this again! I really want to make another Afternoon Tea soon. I think I may do a themed one later in the year, perhaps a Christmas related one with fruity scones, little gingerbread men and mulled wine.


Be in a magazine - I honestly thought this would be the hardest one to achieve, so when I pitched my idea to Blogosphere Magazine and they loved what I wrote, I was SO happy! I hope all who read it enjoyed it and felt inspired in some way. My article (which starts at pg. 75) is about how to improve your blog photography on a budget and I shared how to cheaply and effectively edit photos, where to pick up the best blogging props, as well as teach you some of the tips and tricks I have learnt a long the way. It's well worth getting if you're a blogger looking for inspiration and advice and it's also a great source to find new blogs (read my review of the magazine here.) I am so pleased with how my article turned out, I'd love to write another feature or two in the future.


Buy a DSLR camera - This is the first thing I ticked off the list. My lovely boyfriend treated me to my first ever DSLR camera for my 22nd birthday (a Canon 750D if you wondered what camera I used!) and I have loved it every day since. This is what I use to take all of my blog photos. I still haven't figured out all of the settings, I tend to stick the automatic setting (which I find to be totally amazing), but maybe I should actually learn the ins and outs of ISO, aperture and shutter speed to improve my photos even more. My favourite mode is definitely the close-up one, I love how the lens picks up on every intricate detail, whilst creating a nice and dreamy blurred background. I think this camera will see me through many more years and I hope to capture many more memories with it! If you have any questions about this camera or would like to see a review then please let me know and I'll try and help.


Get a different haircut - I know I'll never get anything really drastic, so I'm going to tick this one off! I had rather long hair for a quite some time and about a year ago I decided to have a few inches cut off and I think my hair looks so much better and is much more easy to manage! Last week I also dyed my hair for the first time (well my boyfriend did... we were both so scared that it would turn green haha). The colour is not that much different to my natural shade, but it is slightly darker and has more of a chocolate brown tone. It's also a lot more shiny which is what I was what I wanted - yay! I love how it turned out, maybe I'll try out a different shade next time but who knows! I definitely don't think I'm brave enough to try something extreme though. I'm also growing my fringe out, which is taking sooo long. Basically, what I truly want, and I'm sure most girls do want, is princessy hair like Kate Middleton. 


Go strawberry picking - When I was little, I loved going to pick strawberries with my family. Last weekend, Jonny and I went to a local farm and picked strawberries and raspberries and it was so much fun. It wasn't the hottest day, but the weather was still lovely and we picked lots of delicious and fresh fruit in a beautiful location - I have know idea where we really were, but it was somewhere in the countryside in Derbyshire (I think)! Who agrees that strawberries taste better when you pick or grow them yourself? I'll definitely be doing this again next year.


The next things I would love to tick off my list are going rock-climbing, feeding penguins at the zoo and going on a safari! Have you got a 25 things to do before 25 list?

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig