1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C and place 12 ice-cream cones onto a large baking tray ready to use for later.
2. Add 4 oz of margarine to a mixing bowl with 4 oz of sugar and mix until a smooth consistency is formed.
3. Next, crack in both eggs and pour in the flour. Gently bind the two together.
4. To make your cupcakes taste more like ice-cream, add 1 tbsp of vanilla extract and stir into the cake mixture.
5. Evenly distribute the cake mix between the twelve cones (approx 2/3 full).
6. Bake at 160°C for 20-25 mins or when cooked through.
7. Leave to cool for 10 mins. Fill the inside of the cupcake with chocolate or strawberry sauce. I used the Dr Oetker surprise inside cupcake centre in chocolate which made this part super easy.
8. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled it's time to start making the icing. Stir together 5 oz butter and 10 oz of icing sugar until the colour is much lighter in colour and smooth in texture.
9. Pour all of your icing into a piping bag with the star nozzle attached. Following from that, ice the cupcakes in a clockwise direction to create the whipped ice-cream shape.
10. Lastly, it's time to decorate! Cut each flake into 3 even pieces. Sprinkle a generous amount of hundreds and thousands onto the icing and top it all off with a chocolate flake. Yum!
Will you have a go at baking these ice-cream cupcakes?