I love seasonal baking (my favourite being Christmas, so expect a lot of Christmas bakes in the upcoming months!) so I wanted to bake something that was perfect for bonfire night which is only a week away. After scrolling through Pinterest for inspiration, I came up with the idea of making little chocolate sparklers. Not only do they look so incredibly cute, but they taste amazing too, exactly like Cadbury's chocolate fingers - yum! I think they will make a great little snack before you go and watch all the fireworks at your local display and they will also be fitting if you're throwing a party at this time of year. You can be as creative as you like; using white or dark chocolate or even coating them in icing. Popping candy is the perfect finishing touch to make the sparklers crackle like fireworks! Adding lots of colourful sprinkles to replicate all the magnificent colours from the fireworks make the chocolate finger sparklers looks super fun too. They're really easy to make, so why not have a go at making them yourself?
Ingredients: 130g Plain flour, 60g Butter, 1 tbsp Baking powder, 50g Caster sugar,
1 Egg, 2 Chocolate bars, Sprinkles and Popping candy.
Preparation: Pre-heat the oven to 170ºC and grease two baking trays with butter.
1. Place the plain flour, baking powder and butter into a bowl.
2. Rub the mixture together until a breadcrumb consistency is formed.
3. Next, add in the sugar and egg and mix together until the dough comes together.
4. Taking one small piece of dough at a time, roll into 'finger' shapes until all the dough is gone and place carefully onto the greased baking tray. You should be able to make around 20-30 biscuits, possibly even more!
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden in colour. Leave to cool completely before removing from the tray.
6. Break both chocolate bars up and melt. Once the chocolate has all melted and cooled to room temperature you can start to cover the finger biscuits. Cover all of the chocolate fingers with an even coating of chocolate.
7. Dip the top of each chocolate finger into sprinkles or popping candy to create the look of a sparkler.
8. Place into the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
What's your favourite thing to bake? Will you have a go at making these?