Cinnamon Buns

Autumn is now here. The trees are turning all shades of orange, yellow and brown making actually want to get out of the house at the weekend and go on lots of lovely walks, just to look at the beauty of nature surrounding you. When I think of autumn, I think of beautiful trees, pumpkins, hot chocolate and the smell of sweet cinnamon. Something I love to treat myself to at this time of year are cinnamon buns - so yummy! So, last weekend, my boyfriend and I did some baking and found the perfect recipe from Tanya Burr's latest cook book, Tanya Bakes. I usually bake cakes and cookies so I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out but they actually turned out great! They are so delicious as a mid-morning snack with a big cup of coffee. I hope you enjoy this recipe taken from Tanya Bakes!



1. Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl, stir in the yeast and rub in the butter.
3. Crack one of the eggs in the centre along with the milk, add the cinnamon
 and bring together to form a dough.
4. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is elastic.
5. Put in a bowl and allow to prove for 1½ hours.

6. Meanwhile, you can make the filling by mixing the sugar, cinnamon and
 butter together in a bowl until it is soft and creamy.
7. When the dough has risen, knock the air out and roll into a large rectangle. Spread 
the cinnamon butter all over the dough right up to the corners. Sprinkle over the raisins evenly.
8. Roll up the dough and cut into 12 slices. Place each slice end up, side by side 
in the baking tin and allow to prove for another hour.
9. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Beat the other egg and use it as a wash over the
 buns. Bake for about 30 minutes.

10. Meanwhile, make the icing. Mix the sugar and vanilla and add 1 tablespoon 
of warm water slowly until you have your desired consistency, then pour over the buns.





Have you read Tanya Bakes? What's your favourite recipe?

4 comments

  1. It look delicious. Absolutely need to try out this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy! I love both cinnamon rolls and baking, so this may be the next one I do :-) xx

    Maya | londondamsel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look yummy! I love both cinnamon rolls and baking, so this may be the next one I do :-) xx

    Maya | londondamsel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so delicious! I need to try them xx
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig