Ingredients For decoration
6 oz self-raising flour 12 oz icing sugar
2 oz cocoa powder 6 oz softened butter
8 oz caster sugar 3 oz cocoa powder
8 oz margarine 2 tbsp of milk
4 medium eggs 1 pack of cookies
100g of chocolate chips
Preparation. Pre-heat oven to 170°C and grease two round cake tins (or line with baking paper). Doing this will make it easier for your cake to come out when baked.
*Serves 14 people
1. Mix together margarine and caster sugar until smooth and creamy in consistency.
2. Next, add in half of the self-raising flour, cocoa powder, eggs and chocolate chips and blend together until the mixture is smooth and thick. Repeat this step with the second half of the mixture. By now, your cake mix should look smooth and smell delicious!
3. Once the mixture has combined, evenly pour the chocolaty mixture between two cake.
4. Following from that, place your cake into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove your cake from the oven once baked. Leave to cool completely.
6. Carefully remove the cakes from the tins and place onto a large plate. To make the chocolate buttercream icing, mix the butter and sieved icing sugar and cocoa powder together until smooth and light. Spread a generous amount of the icing on one cake and carefully place the other cake on top (you can always make more icing if you run out!).
7. Pour the rest of the chocolate buttercream icing into a piping bag. Pipe the design of your choice creatively around and on top of your cake, making sure to leave no gaps.
8. To complete your chocolate chip cookie cake, place cookies neatly around the edge of the cake. Now your cake is ready to serve and enjoy! Delicious!
Follow me on BLOGLOVIN'/TWITTER/INSTAGRAM